Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 08:52 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,485,209 times

Advertisements

Be careful to avoid the area that borders the garbage dump. It's one of the largest dumps in the Southeast and trust me, you will smell it when the winds shift your direction if you live within a few miles. Bridgemill is nowhere near this so no worries there.

Here's a link that maps to the dump. http://goo.gl/maps/gZn1o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 06:16 AM

45 posts, read 51,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellainoz67 View Post
Thanks for all the information. If only they could invent teleportation devices....it would be sooooo much easier! LOL I did like the look of Bridgemill and how there is plenty of walking paths, landscaping is nice and the pool is huge. That is a great price for use of the pool and fitness centre....which is probably the only thing we would use. Ahhhh...its so frustrating trying to rent from afar. I had JUST made my mind up that Cumming is the place for a rental...and now I'm wondering if Bridgemill is the way to go? USAisgreat, can you give me some good points for Canton...i.e....best features about the area? I know heaps about Cumming but haven't found a whole lot about Canton. Thanks! :-)
----------------------------------------------

I must admit I know more about Woodstock, having lived there for so long before moving to Bridgemill. Canton is just north of Woodstock. They are very similar. When I first moved to Woodstock in Town Lake there was nothing but a school and a couple subdivisions. Now there is pretty much everything you would need in Woodstock which is 10 minutes from me. Downtown Woodstock has been revamped and is very nice with some great restaurants and cute shops. Downtown Canton which is north of Bridgemill is going through the same changes Woodstock went through. Downtown Canton has some good restaurants and shops and it has it's own charm but I don't go there often to be honest.

What I like about the area is that it still has a country feel. I work downtown and take an Express bus that I pick up near Town Center mall. I take Bells Ferry (this is the road that goes along the front of Bridgemill) and it's a 2 lane country looking road and I have to cross the lake and it's really quite nice I think. There are subdivisions off Bells Ferry up and down but you can't see them. Off Sixes there is a very popular area that people go mountian biking in, it is made for them and it goes along a creek. Right outside Bridgemill is a small retail area but it's not too big and traffic there is not an issue.

I like the country feel, though there are a lot of subdivisions in the area but unless you know they are there you wouldn't know they were there. But you don't have to go very far for something you need. At Sixes Rd (the where Bridgemill and other subdivsion are off of) and I-575 there is a Home Depot, medical center and other retail. A big beautiful swimming center recently opened, they have a lot kid oriented things going on.

Though there are a lot of nice subdivisions in South Cherokee county there are pockets of depressed areas too. This past weekend I volunteered, through my church, for a group that feeds some of these depressed areas. The church I go to raised an amazing amout of money to help some local charities that have done a lot to help others. I didn't realize how much these charities in the area help people who need help. I have to say I am glad to live around some really generous people that truly want to help. It's humbling and eye opening and made me like this area even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta