Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 10:19 AM

65 posts, read 115,687 times

Advertisements

Do to the world being on the verge of a nuclear war, i want to prepare my family for total chaos, im buying guns, ammo, having escape routes anything possible.. what are some of the thing you would try to bring or train or practice should all this happen I think everyone must come to that decision about if you have no communication or electricity could your family survive and for how long.if this was your family what things would you bring, what things would you do?the pro and cons about living in the city or country if you have to survive on your own in total chaos.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
The city of Atlanta is one of the first places in the United States that would descend into complete and utter chaos.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
I would have no interest in surviving in a world of "total chaos" so I'm doing absolutely nothing to prepare.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:30 PM

I went to a gun show with a friend a few years ago. There, they sold all kinds of guns as well as the survivalist equipment like MREs, 12 months worth of food, water purification equipment, etc.

After seeing and chatting with the show attendees, I decided that if the zombie apocalypse comes, I'd rather just be a walker than survive in a world populated by these people.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:10 PM

65 posts, read 115,687 times
LOL WOW, NOT ME I WANT TO LIVE. I agree as soon as Atl went inot chaos i wouldnt worry about zombie but your very own family and friends trying to eat your supply and fight with you over your place of shelter.. i think keeping quiet about your equipment and location will be key.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:14 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YASHAYAHU View Post
Do to the world being on the verge of a nuclear war, i want to prepare my family for total chaos, im buying guns, ammo, having escape routes anything possible.. what are some of the thing you would try to bring or train or practice should all this happen I think everyone must come to that decision about if you have no communication or electricity could your family survive and for how long.if this was your family what things would you bring, what things would you do?the pro and cons about living in the city or country if you have to survive on your own in total chaos.
Whtf, is this the cold war again. You've been watching too much Fox News!

Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
There is a separate C-D forum for the preppers and worryworts. Yup, spend your days fretting over what might happen, while life passes you by.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:25 PM

Besides, it all depends on how you want to look at life.

A lot of people think that in emergency situation it will be every man for himself and guys with shotguns protecting their own stockpiles. I tend to think that human beings are social creatures and we are not wired to live like that. I believe the opposite, that in an emergency situation, you will find people forming unlikely bonds and banding together to figure out how to survive.

All you have to do is look at situations like Hurricane Katrina and the Boston marathon bombing. The first thing that happens is people spring into action looking for ways to help their fellow humans. There will always be survivalists trying to go it alone, but that's not how this society was built or functions.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:44 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Besides, it all depends on how you want to look at life.

A lot of people think that in emergency situation it will be every man for himself and guys with shotguns protecting their own stockpiles. I tend to think that human beings are social creatures and we are not wired to live like that. I believe the opposite, that in an emergency situation, you will find people forming unlikely bonds and banding together to figure out how to survive.

All you have to do is look at situations like Hurricane Katrina and the Boston marathon bombing. The first thing that happens is people spring into action looking for ways to help their fellow humans. There will always be survivalists trying to go it alone, but that's not how this society was built or functions.
^Yes.

But we are far from Nuclear War. If you are referencing N. Korea, don't give them that much credit. They don't have any missiles that can hit us, let alone one that could carry a nuclear warhead. Nor do they have enough firepower or connections to trigger a major war.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:55 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,886 times
If there is a full scale nuclear attack on the US, all I ask is to be vaporized. The aftermath would be worst than the "Walking Dead" especially here in the south. Kill or be killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta