Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2007, 05:04 PM

6 posts, read 18,879 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I am moving with my wife and 2 kids to Atlanta. I will be a flight attendant with Delta. I am hoping to find a suburb that is relatively close to the airport, but that is not the principle issue. We are looking for an area that is low crime and mostly middle class. Are there any suggestions on where we could live. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 05:14 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,347,595 times
Whenever I hear that someone is looking for a nice suburb in Atlanta, but is working at or needs to be close to the airport, I invariably think of Peachtree City. It is about 25 miles south of Atlanta, but the commute is less to the airport. It was recently voted by Money magazine as one of the Top 10 towns in America. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it is a nice, safe, family-oriented area where house prices are reasonable relative to Atlanta's in-town neighborhoods. You should definitely take a look.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:50 AM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Considering your criteria, here are my recommendations:

1. Coweta County

Old 11-05-2007, 12:53 AM

Considering your criteria, here are my recommendations:

1. Coweta County

2. Henry County
a. Eagle's Landing Area
b. McDonough
c. Hampton
d. Luella Area
e. Union Grove Area

3. Fayette County
a. Tyrone/Sandy Creek Area
b. Fayetteville
c. Peachtree City

Good Luck!

Old 11-05-2007, 05:07 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,737,128 times
I wouldn't rule out Smyrna either. We've got some pilots and flight attendants who live in my neighborhood and they love the commute as well as the easy access to the city. Since we're literally one minute off the highway it makes it easier because there's no traffic to the exit at all.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:26 PM

137 posts, read 739,235 times
We've lived in Peachtree City for over 2 years and it is a wonderful place to live and raise a family (low crime, excellent schools, middle-upper class). There are MANY people here that work for Delta and Airtran. It is amazing and it is really worth taking a look.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:25 PM

201 posts, read 1,070,410 times
Sharpsburg in Coweta County. Specifically, the northside.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea1 View Post
I wouldn't rule out Smyrna either. We've got some pilots and flight attendants who live in my neighborhood and they love the commute as well as the easy access to the city. Since we're literally one minute off the highway it makes it easier because there's no traffic to the exit at all.
Yes, Smyrna would be an excellent choice as well. Great location, easy commute to airport, beautiful, and great schools.

Also, take a look at Douglas County. It is very popular for people who work at the airport. Great schools and easy commute.

So to sum up:

1. Coweta County
a. Newnan
b. Sharpsburg
c. Senoia

2. Henry County
a. Eagle's Landing
b. McDonough
c. Luella
d. Hampton

3. Fayette County
a. Tyrone
b. Fayetteville
c. Peachtree City

4. Smyrna/Vinings/Mableton (all in south Cobb County)

5. Douglas County
a. Lithia Springs
b. New Manchester Area
c. Chapel Hill Area
d. Douglasville

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta