Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:21 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,309,801 times

Advertisements

Red Hot Chili Peppers confirmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 01:26 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,252,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
You'll be there.
Only way it's going to happen would be if we're surprised with a really amazing headliner (both nights) and it would have be 2 of my favorites ....

Uh given the RHCP news ... yea, not loving it ... I mean they're OK and put on a great show but I"ve seen them like 5 or 6 times .. and really, Anthony Keidis and his ever changing guitarist lineup gets kinda old after a while ....

Old 06-17-2013, 02:03 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,309,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post

Uh given the RHCP news ... yea, not loving it ... I mean they're OK and put on a great show but I"ve seen them like 5 or 6 times .. and really, Anthony Keidis and his ever changing guitarist lineup gets kinda old after a while ....
I agree. They haven't put out anything I've liked in 15+ years, but I'd watch their set if they had John Frusciante in the band.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:23 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,252,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I agree. They haven't put out anything I've liked in 15+ years, but I'd watch their set if they had John Frusciante in the band.
YES! Or even brought Navarro back into their fold ... their guitarist drama though gets really, really tiresome after a while. I mean c'mon .. they're grown men .. not pissy liittle teenage girs

Old 06-17-2013, 02:24 PM

687 posts, read 745,912 times
Dad-fest

Old 06-17-2013, 03:28 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,995,994 times
Wow, the lineup this year is very good. Way, way better than last year.

Music Midtown lineup | The Music Scene | www.accessatlanta.com

Yeah Yeah Yeahs & Tegan and Sara already make the lineup better than last year for my tastes. The rest is all icing on the cake.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:51 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,072,376 times
I guess tastes really are individual.

I think this year's lineup is horrible.

I paid for the full pass last year. This year I wouldn't go if someone gave me a ticket.

To each his own.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:58 PM

924 posts, read 1,457,607 times
Saturday looks good, Friday looks terrible. Being the fall and in the middle of college football season I wish it was the other way around.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:36 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,535,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantamoi View Post
Crud. I guess I'm probably never going to return to MM as it is. I went to this event from the first year all the way through their closing the first time. I get the organizers need to make money so I won't bash them at all, but I miss the huge variety of bands/stages spread out over 2 1/2 days. I really have very little interest in the big name bands. It was the medium-sized and smaller acts that appealed to me. I could get a taste of artists that normally I'd never go out and see and sometimes end up being quite surprised by. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this. I'm thinking I also liked the smaller crowds with the not-quite-as-popular acts.
Same here. I went to MM during the first run and it was really the small and medium acts that I remember best. I actually "discovered" quite a few bands/artists by wandering over to any of the half dozen stages they used to set up. I remember being blown away by Fishbone and seeing my first Theremin being played live. I also remember Bela Fleck and the Flecktones with the horn player who played two saxes at once. Throw in Govt Mule, Buddy Guy, and Robert Cray. It's not the bands I really wanted to see at the time that have stuck with me through the years. It's the bands that I stumbled upon in between those shows.

As for this year's lineup? Pretty uninspiring. QOTSA is one of the few bands that completely turned me off as a fan after seeing them live(And I was a HUGE Kyuss fan). RHCP have been phoning it in since Blood Sugar Sex Magic. The Black Lips are actually pretty entertaining live, obnoxious hipsters that they are. In all honesty, Phoenix might be the only band amongst that list I'd be remotely interested in seeing.

And Peter Conlon is a d*ck.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:01 PM

924 posts, read 1,457,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Same here. I went to MM during the first run and it was really the small and medium acts that I remember best. I actually "discovered" quite a few bands/artists by wandering over to any of the half dozen stages they used to set up. I remember being blown away by Fishbone and seeing my first Theremin being played live. I also remember Bela Fleck and the Flecktones with the horn player who played two saxes at once. Throw in Govt Mule, Buddy Guy, and Robert Cray. It's not the bands I really wanted to see at the time that have stuck with me through the years. It's the bands that I stumbled upon in between those shows.

As for this year's lineup? Pretty uninspiring. QOTSA is one of the few bands that completely turned me off as a fan after seeing them live(And I was a HUGE Kyuss fan). RHCP have been phoning it in since Blood Sugar Sex Magic. The Black Lips are actually pretty entertaining live, obnoxious hipsters that they are. In all honesty, Phoenix might be the only band amongst that list I'd be remotely interested in seeing.

And Peter Conlon is a d*ck.
When/where did you see QOTSA live? I thought they were great the time I saw them at The Tabernacle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: