Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
I also note that Smith seems to be part of the hoopla but I'm not so sure why, check Smith's scores - they don't seem to compare with Brandon, Jackson and E. Rivers, and haven't for a little bit now. I think that's the more interesting story. Maybe the school is riding off history. Anyway, they are all decent choices.
It might be a historical thing because I did side by side comparison and dissection of last 2-3 years; there is not much there to recommend Smith over E. rivers based on the scores alone. It's good but I don't get all the raves about Smith. Maybe because I tend to talk to parents from buckhead area and it's hard to knock school your child attends

Does anyone know why E. Rivers seems to struggle with Math and Science every year...low to mid 80's is the norm. Is it lack on good math/science teachers or some other factor? I thought it was the curriculum difference in IB vs CRCT expectation but Brandon/Jackson seem to do well across the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 05:50 AM

2,307 posts, read 2,996,014 times
E. Rivers just has a lot more economic diversity than does either Brandon or Jackson. Both those districts are maxed out with families who care about education, are focused, driven, etc. whereas E. Rivers (best kept secret!) has some super-privileged kids and some kids whose families are struggling financially etc. and everything in between. These scores are the averages! No need to run from scores in the 80s by any means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: