Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:43 PM

927 posts, read 2,226,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I agree. I think it has the potential to be amazing. I love Sister Louisa's Church. A high school friend that is now a local artist took us there a couple of weeks ago. Funny how it works...you establish a couple of cool places in a neglected neighborhood and it catches fire.
Well, although Church is indeed nearby and both are in Old Fourth Ward, that area is not considered "Sweet Auburn." Sweet Auburn is a distinct area closer to the interstate along Auburn Ave, while the area you're referring to Lovin is at the Edgewood/Boulevard intersection.

Blocks make a difference in that area! So identify precisely which part of O4W you're looking to invest! Namely, Old Fourth Ward has long been resurging and probably one of the best places to invest if you want to see a return within the next 10-15 years.

However, Sweet Auburn in particular has been lagging to reach that kind of resurgence compared to the rest of O4W, at least when I lived in the Atlanta area about 2 years ago. There have been developers who have tried and failed and establishments that have tried and failed to really attract other investment on Auburn Ave for over a decade.

Conversely, I would buy property without hesitation in the area Lovin references on or closer to Edgewood Ave. Values continue to rise with every semblance of construction of the Beltline. Out of curiosity, I looked to see what commercial space was available for sale over there, and it was slim pickings. I'd say get in on that while you can.

Not to discourage you from making an investment yourself in Sweet Auburn, but I say this to keep you aware that Sweet Auburn will continue to experience setbacks until something really sticks there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 01:44 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
I'd say it's a safer bet making an investment in Sweet Auburn these days with the streetcar coming.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:13 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,016,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Dawg View Post
Bottomline? A pig in a poke.

Hey man, what's your problem with Sweet Auburn?

2nd thread bashing the area. The issue is clearly you.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:31 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,351,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
The issue is clearly you.
Because he expresses a dislike of the area, he must have a problem?

That seems like some pretty faulty logic.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post

NO, the issue is going into 2 threads back to back. That's the issue. Take a look at the 5-6 posts s/he's posted thus far since creating the account today. Then you'll not jump to conclusions.

If I don't like cats, I will not go into every cat thread and express my dislike.

Last edited by Rocco Barbosa; 09-01-2014 at 04:14 PM..

Old 09-01-2014, 03:57 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
I have very fond memories visiting the Sweet Auburn Curb Market as a child with my grandfather. The place was always abuzz with people and vendors. Sweet Auburn Curb Market It was the only place back then that we could go and purchase an entire pig for a roast. Grandpa used to take me there to buy cuts of meat that were not in vogue like it is now like pork belly.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I have very fond memories visiting the Sweet Auburn Curb Market as a child with my grandfather. The place was always abuzz with people and vendors. Sweet Auburn Curb Market It was the only place back then that we could go and purchase an entire pig for a roast. Grandpa used to take me there to buy cuts of meat that were not in vogue like it is now like pork belly.

Always good to hear from my favorite CD Atlanta realtor.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:09 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Always good to hear from my favorite CD Atlanta realtor.

Oh and there was always sawdust on the floor of the market. I used to try to build up a pile of it while I was there (I am sure I did this in the most busy section of the market too)

Old 09-01-2014, 04:13 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,773,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post

This member has only 5 posts to date and they are all inflammatory.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
This member has only 5 posts to date and they are all inflammatory.

Glad you took notice as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta