Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 05:51 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,145,028 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering why Smyrna would not be a good option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
If you have to commute to the Cobb Galleria area from about 40 miles away, unfortunately the I-85 South corridor (Coweta and maybe the Tyrone area of Fayette) is probably one of the better places to have to do from as the Cumberland/Galleria area is one of the more-challenging places to have to commute to from other places outside of the I-285 Perimeter.

What kind of criteria are you looking for in a potential place to live that might potentially be closer to where you work?

What is the most that you would want to spend on a place to live?

What level of competitiveness are you looking for in the schools (good, very-good, excellent, exceptional, hyper-competitive, academically-grueling)?

Since you are looking at Fayette and Coweta counties, I can probably assume that you are looking for a nice safe suburban area with good solid schools, and I can also probably assume that you are willing to commute from as far away as 45 miles (or up to hour) one-way.

I mean, Fayette and Coweta counties are great places to live, but would you be interested in living closer to work if can find someplace nice within a decent distance of where you will be working in the Cobb Galleria area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 08:30 AM

10 posts, read 13,069 times
I am not against moving closer to work if I can find something comparable, it's just that I am not familiar with any other metro Atlanta areas. I know that there are too many to count to choose from and don't even know where to begin, thats the problem that I run in to.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:47 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,236,790 times
I grew up and work in Fayette County. Its a great place, but I'm sure you can find something similar in Smyrna or off of the EW Connector.

I would hate that commute from Fayette County.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,489,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDad_32 View Post
I am not against moving closer to work if I can find something comparable, it's just that I am not familiar with any other metro Atlanta areas. I know that there are too many to count to choose from and don't even know where to begin, thats the problem that I run in to.
Since you are going to be working in the Cobb Galleria area, and because the schools will be a concern with you having a one year-old child, I'm going to recommend some condo and townhome communities for you to look at in the attendance zone for Wheeler High School, which is an area of very good-to-excellent schools relatively very-close to where you will be working in the Cobb Galleria area:

...The Flats at Riverwalk condominium community, located off of Windy Hill Road just east of Powers Ferry Road)
The Flats At Riverwalk~A Wildwood Park Condominium Community with an Atlanta address

...Riverwalk at Wildwood townhomes (a gated townhome community located right next to the Flats at Riverwalk condos off of Windy Hill Road just east of Powers Ferry Road)
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...wood+townhomes+

...Riverstone at Wildwood townhomes, located off of Wildwood Parkway just east of Powers Ferry Road
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...wood+townhomes

...Chattahoochee Bluffs gated townhome community, located only about 5 minutes from the Cobb Galleria area off of Akers Mill Road just east of Cumberland Boulevard
Chattahoochee Bluffs

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...uffs+townhomes

...Towns of Crescent Park at Circle 75 townhomes, located east off of US 41 Cobb Parkway north of Windy Ridge Parkway
https://www.google.com/#q=towns+of+crescent+park

...Brandl Cove townhomes, located off of Powers Ferry Road just north of Delk Road
https://www.google.com/#q=brandl+cove+townhomes

...The Oaks townhomes, located off of Powers Ferry Road just north of Delk Road almost directly across the street from Brandl Cove townhomes
Marietta, GA | 2, 3 and 4 Bedroom Townhomes | The Oaks at Powers Ferry

https://www.google.com/#q=the+oaks+t...es+marietta+ga

By no means should these condo and townhome communities be considered an endpoint, but they are a good starting point for you to look at should you decide to look for a place to live closer to where you work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta