Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 10:33 AM

3 posts, read 8,962 times

Advertisements

Anyone live here. I'm moving from Macon GA and was looking at these apts. Also, anyone know of the best way to drive from Suwannee to Marietta. I'll be commuting.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 01:46 PM

79 posts, read 416,160 times
Amli at McGinnis Ferry is fine. I lived there for 3 months with 2 children. The apartments are spacious, and management is fairly responsive. The appliances are very old. We had to have someone out several times to fix our oven. But otherwise, it's a quiet, safe place.

Is there a reason why you have to live in Suwanee and commute to Marietta? That's brutal. From Amli McGinnis Ferry to the intersection of 400 and 285 used to take my husband and hour. Then you still have to go up 75 to Marietta. Going west on either McGinnis Ferry or Abbots Bridge is also a nightmare, so I'm not sure cutting across to avoid the beltway is any better.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:43 AM

3 posts, read 8,962 times
My family wants to live in Suwanee, so I'm having to commute to Marietta. Right now I am commuting from Macon, which is about 2 hours , and I hear about the accidents on I85 or 285 every morning. I am hoping the travel to Marietta just cutting west won't be as bad as the HWYs. If it is, I guess I'll just have to deal with it..Wish this girl luck!

Are your kids in school. My little brother will be going to Parsons Elementary. From what I read on GreatSchools.net Parents seem to like it. There were a lot of good reviews.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:25 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,543,599 times
TechieT, I would suggest taking a look at some apartment ratings re AMLI McGinnis Ferry. Although you'll probably find some reviews that are polar opposite, it might give you an idea of what to expect.

Good luck.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,086 times
Default Don't move here!

In the almost two years that I lived at AMLI at McGinnis Ferry, the apartment complex had eight break-ins, including one car theft at gunpoint and two assaults. The gate is never closed and perpetually broken. The fitness center has no regulation (and is also always unlocked), so children are constantly playing on the equipment by themselves. The pool area is poorly lit and always unlocked, so I'm just waiting on the day for someone to sue the bejeezus out of AMLI for an accidental drowning. The staff works really hard... at being incompetent. I mean, it is downright DIFFICULT to be so unorganized and rude. One worker, an older woman, patronizingly calls residents "sweetie" if they call and voice concern (about one of the eight break-ins, for example). An apartment above us flooded twice, and the building shifted to actually cause flooding a third time... which resulted in black mold growing on our walls and doorframe. It ate the paint off the walls. The second time our apartment flooded, I got to the apartment complex office at 6:02 p.m., a mere two minutes after they closed, and the staff inside ignored my pounding on the door. I was so glad to move away from here. Please don't make the mistake I did!

Old 08-13-2013, 09:01 PM

3 posts, read 6,271 times
Default AMLI McGinnis Ferry, terrible customer service, lost packages.

Twice recently, it is a struggle retrieving delivered UPS, USPS & Fedex packages from the AMLI McGinnis Ferry leasing office. They claim no liability. I have been left high and dry with no recourse. This has happened several times. The two that I recently have been unable to collect both had tracking numbers and one was even signed for by "Anita" at the office. I am led to believe theft is happening by staff in the leasing office because it does not add up. I tracked both packages back to the senders and they were both delivered. What is more there are two entries in the "AMLI package log book" with my apartment number that are unsigned for ... because the packages have not been picked up by me, because they are "not there." Answers I got from AMLI staff do not add up. They claim to have returned unclaimed packages to senders but have no record of the returns. Another story I was told is that the mail carrier, of their own accord, clears unclaimed every two weeks. It just does not add up. Which is it? Things do not disappear especially items with tracking numbers and signatures. Things don't move unless someone picks them up and moves them. It is commonsense. Nevertheless, I remain at a loss. either my package was stolen by someone at the leasing office or it was misplaced but for sure it arrived at their office because they made a log of it in their book. Yesterday the manager said to me, "you have exhausted your inquiry here." I am dismayed and aghast.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:05 PM

Since this is not the first time they have lost my package and since there are two entries in their log that I have not signed for as having picked up the package and since they conveniently do not have a list of "return to sender" packages that they claim they just sent out a couple of days ago, the only way to get them to take better care is for them to refund me the $53 for the working dog harness plus shipping costs. I am still trying to get in touch with MAS Premium about the package that was delivered on July 17th and signed for by "Anita". Also since I have tracking numbers on both packages and USPS tracked the June 26 package and it was in fact delivered and UPS were also able to track the MAS Premium package and confirm it was delivered and also signed for by "Anita". it just does not add up. They should be held accountable otherwise if there is dishonesty among their office staff, there is nothing to keep them from taking packages. I am left high and dry. I called Working Dog and spoke to Carla who after hearing my struggle and that I never received the harness, she was going to try to help me. She sent me a 10% discount if I wanted to purchase another harness and she also said she would speak with her boss to see if they could help me further. Carla sent the harness priority mail and there was no insurance, or so she says. I am at a loss. High and dry.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:52 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
Put in a claim on your credit card. Have your credit card do a charge back.

Can you ship packages to your office/work?

Old 01-29-2014, 04:57 PM

I lived there for two years and every time I returned from vacation I found items stolen like two camera's and even some recently purchased designer clothing. Obviously by staff because there was no evidence of forced entry. I believe the staff go around watching and targeting apartments and taking things. Probably the maintenance people. It is very difficult to file claims or recover when you discover that something you came back with from vacation is now missing a month later. Do not move to AMLI on McGinnis Ferry in Suwanee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta