Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 06:36 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,903,148 times

Advertisements

Try exit 6 off of 400 which is Northridge. There are some good complexes on dunwoody place like Azalea park. Stay away from the stretch of Roswell road close to 285 if possibe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 06:51 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,852 times
All those apartment complexes were great up until about 15 years ago. The Edgewater is beautiful. With those canyons it might be the most scenic complex in all of Atlanta. I visited friends there years ago and the pool scene was hot. I recently went back and couldn't believe what I saw. The northern suburbs aren't what they used to be.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:12 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
I visited friends there years ago and the pool scene was hot. I recently went back and couldn't believe what I saw. The northern suburbs aren't what they used to be.
So what was different? I'm not following completely.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:33 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,796 times
I'd go with Vinings if safety is your main concern. It's not that Sandy Springs as a whole is unsafe, but I don't think it is as safe as Vinings.

If you decide to go with Roswell Road, check out the ones on Glenridge which is ITP Sandy Springs. The crowd seems to be 20-somethings that vary from young professionals to harmless partiers or both depending on the complex. You'd be close to 285 and I think it's easier to get in town from there than Vinings if that turns out to be something your enjoy. I would avoid the complexes between 285 and The Prado Shopping Center.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:27 AM

858 posts, read 1,385,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
So what was different? I'm not following completely.
Did you not read this thread? It's sketchy as hell around there.

Old 02-12-2014, 05:09 PM

3 posts, read 11,775 times
honestly I am leaning towards the Vinings, I think that area is just what I would need, it is safe and not too far from midtown and downtown. I am kind of sad to pass up on such good price for a 2 bedroom but I figured I will be able to afford something better with time hopefully.

I would not want to take any risk and regret it.. looks like Roswell Rd north of 285 is hit or miss indeed and the vibe I'm getting from my new coworkers isn't very good regarding that area.

Truly appreciate these insightful comments!

Old 02-12-2014, 05:26 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
Did you not read this thread? It's sketchy as hell around there.
I read it, but I'm not understanding what the problems area. I thought those were pretty nice areas.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:37 PM

3 posts, read 6,557 times
Default northwood drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I read it, but I'm not understanding what the problems area. I thought those were pretty nice areas.
back when northwood drive was copeland road in the 90s (they changed the name because crime was so bad), it was extremely bad. one of the worst areas in fulton county guaranteed. Charleston Square apartments off northwood drive were on the Gangland episode on history channel called death in dixie based on la gran familia. i lived in that complex for 20 years, since 94. back then, if you werent from there you would get jumped no questions asked. even if you were from there you would get jumped. every day all day there were beatings. a couple years we would have 5 murders just on our block, but guaranteed more than one murder a year in that community. as people from there call that a community. and i knew a lot of people that died here including manuel martinez (me and my mom would hear his mom walking around mourning every night after that happened) who was on that episode, and my best friends dad. i saw 2 mexicans stab another dude to death on a car. ive seen so many bodies that at one point i just stopped caring. jumpings were only small time compared to the rest of the craziness going on. including bodies in dumpsters and nearby creek. people were just dying all the time i would here gunshots all year long, especially during the summer time. once rico act passed la gran famila got dismembered back in 2005 when ironically sandy springs became its own city and seperated from atlanta. lots of stories from over here. no one can compare what it is today to what it was in the 90s. those days are gone. there are still murders on that block though. just 11 months ago someone got killed on northwood. always stuff going on, and most of it you wont find on the internet so good luck finding that out.

Last edited by atlantaboi; 10-31-2014 at 07:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta