Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 07:12 PM

2 posts, read 2,451 times

Advertisements

Hi, We are considering moving to Peachtree City from Massachusetts. We have three children, ages 10, 8, and 2 1/2.

Can someone please tell me about the preschools in Peachtree? Are there any cooperative preschools with parents helping in the classroom on a regular basis? If not, which preschools are highly recommended?

On another note, our middle child is an avid rider. Here in MA we lease a horse for her at the stable where she takes riding lessons. Can someone recommend a good stable in the Peachtree area that offers English riding lessons and opportunities for leasing and showing?

And finally, I've read many times that people relocate from all over to Peachtree. I assume that means that the citizens of Peachtree are welcoming to people from the Northeast?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 04:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,183 times
My daughter (now 8) went to the Starr's Mill high school pre-k program 3 days/week and loved it. It was about $175 for the whole semester, they fed the kids breakfast and a snack, took them on field trips, did holiday concerts etc. The class was run by about 30 high schoolers (almost all girls and we found some great babysitters) and overseen by a wonderful teacher. I don't know about it being cooperative but they certainly welcomed parents at any time. I've heard Kids R Kids is good too but I don't have any personal experience.
My older daughter (10) is horse crazy and we've had a great experience at Rockhouse Riding Center in Senoia. Lots of really nice families with younger kids, great trainers, owners and barn manager, 2 arenas, huge pastures with trail riding available, summer camps, etc. We love it there.

PTC is affectionately called "the bubble" because it's its own relatively small, safe, family friendly community. People here are from everywhere else and very friendly. I grew up in NY and lived in 5 other states before PTC and I can honestly say this is my favorite place. I love the golf cart paths (I can't even imagine not having a golf cart anymore), love the schools, love the people, love the climate. No place is ever perfect but PTC is pretty close to it. If you come visit to check it out, you might want to rent a golf cart from Bulldog and drive around, the paths can be confusing at first but with a map, it's a helpful way to really see what it's like here.
Wishing you the best of luck with your move!

Old 03-26-2014, 07:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,451 times
Thank you so much for your helpful reply! My husband was down there last week and loved the area. It is looking like we will definitely be moving. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: