Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 02:46 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,628,273 times

Advertisements

How is transit in Austin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 02:53 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,130,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Another click generator. The list be meaningless
Yet if Atlanta was ranked #1-5, you'd be praising the list. Double standards anyone?

Old 04-15-2014, 02:58 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,236,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Yet if Atlanta was ranked #1-5, you'd be praising the list. Double standards anyone?
No Ant. I always make a comment about how stupid these lists are. Feel free to check my post history.

Websites are constantly making up lists like this with little to no methodology. They post the results in a format where you have to click to see each individual result so they make ad money every time you load the next result.

I wouldn't care if people just ignored these lists. But they get cited and used to form opinions. And they are all worthless.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:59 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,437,594 times
As much as I love Atlanta. I must agree with the ranking, but Midtown Atlanta could change that ranking. I was in Chicago the #4 city on the list this past weekend, and the Millennials makes the nightlife so vibrant in Chicago . It appears that Chicago not only pull in the young crowd, but the older residential and business people of Chi-town also. I can only think of one area in Atlanta that would be a perfect example of what I saw in Chicago, and that is Midtown Atlanta. I am convince that you must have a perfect blend of residential, business, and leisure(tourist), which Midtown Atlanta is drawing and growing in . Chicago weekend nightlife shock the hell out of me , so many people hanging out Downtown.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:40 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,332,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
How is transit in Austin?
As far as rail goes, there is one commuter line with nine stations, connecting downtown to Leander, a suburb north of town. I have no personal experience with their transit system, but I know it's less extensive than anything Houston or Dallas have. This is a fact overlooked by most people who attempt to tout Austin as the most urban city in the state.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:39 AM

1,438 posts, read 778,809 times
Raleigh has the bare minimum bus transit and that it isn't walkable is putting it mildly. That's probably why it isn't that high.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:07 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
My guess is it has something to do with our relatively small city size. If they stopped looking at crime at the borders of the city, then the problems are more concentrated. The stats would be diluted if we had a larger area with more suburban neighborhoods like I'm sure most of the other cities on the list do.
I'm not sure that's it, tiki.

A lot of those cities are much smaller than we are. DC, SF, Boston, Pittsburgh and Minneapolis are less than half our size.

Denver and Seattle are roughly comparable to us in area yet they wind up with low to average crime ratings.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta