Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 05:03 PM

989 posts, read 1,742,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
I'm really gonna miss stopping by that Checker's after a night out. THAT is something that the Varsity, Grindhouse, Cowtippers, Vortex, Taco Mac, or Park Tavern cannot offer. Oh well...progress.
I agree, it was the tastiest 4am burger you could get. Normally regret in the morning, so this is probably a good thing. While we argue about drive thru, it was actually quicker to park and walk up, than get in the drive thru line late at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 05:10 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Waffle House on 5th is all you need for late night food. Well, 'cept for East Atlanta (Delia's, Cookout, Octopus Bar).
Noooot really. And that Waffle House is already jam-packed as it is. East Atlanta isn't close by, so Idk why you even brought that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
I agree, it was the tastiest 4am burger you could get. Normally regret in the morning, so this is probably a good thing. While we argue about drive thru, it was actually quicker to park and walk up, than get in the drive thru line late at night.
I know right! That drive thru line is SLOW. Maybe Checkers can come up with a new non-drive thru concept to go in the bottom of one of these buildings in Midtown lol

Old 06-24-2014, 05:32 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
It's probably a good idea to stop in Cobb to get your sausage biscuit, BEFORE you get to Midtown.
I'm talking about folks who live in Midtown and work in Cobb. Do they have to drive all the way up there hungry?

Old 06-24-2014, 05:33 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,777,875 times
I wish they'd take that radio tower along with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'm talking about folks who live in Midtown and work in Cobb. Do they have to drive all the way up there hungry?
There's still Howell Mill Rd.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:45 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy
I agree, it was the tastiest 4am burger you could get.
No way. About anywhere is better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89
Noooot really. And that Waffle House is already jam-packed as it is. East Atlanta isn't close by, so Idk why you even brought that up
If you don't know WaHo, then you don't know late night food. But yeah, Midtown needs more late night options. East Atlanta has at least half a dozen. If I go out in Midtown I usually just get dropped off there to eat and stumble home after.

Quote:
Nope. They have plenty of great options in walking distance. If nothing else there is a string of things along Ponce that they can drive through. But chances are if you are looking for late-night food options you don't need to be driving anyways.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:59 PM

219 posts, read 270,584 times
Quote:
This is what this forum has become? Rather than discuss the actual development a three page thread has devolved into arguing about saving a low-rate chain burger place? Really?

It's either that or the Cobb County Chamber PR message boards.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:32 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
cq, with all due respect: Who wants to drive around looking a parking space (or wind through a deck), pay an arm and a leg, walk to the restaurant, and then reverse the whole process, when all you want to do is grab a burger and keep moving?

Maybe today's Millennials have time to dally in a sidewalk cafe with a glass of chardonnay maison de ville but us oldsters may not have that luxury. A lot of folks are used to eating without unbuckling their seatbelt.
And that could be a cause of the obesity epidemic in this country. People too lazy to get out and walk for food.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:43 PM

668 posts, read 994,485 times
Looks like I'll need a new parking lot for work. I figured it was only a matter of time seeing as how they never did anything with that low rise empty building. They still have a sign on the door saying no pagers allowed inside.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:33 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,440,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
More Mixed-Use Mania On Tap For White-Hot Midtown - Development Du Jour - Curbed Atlanta

I was just wondering how much longer that corner could hold out... Apparently not long.
I suspect that the adult bookstore near Checkers want be there much longer also.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:23 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
It's probably a good idea to stop in Cobb to get your sausage biscuit, BEFORE you get to Midtown.
I'm not sure why a Cobb resident would want to go to Midtown except for work and an every now and then visit to the Fox or the symphony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta