Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 08:57 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Tucker is the next Decatur.
Could be. I wouldn't have ever left except I got sick of the commute (which isn't even that bad by Atlanta standards).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 09:44 AM

1,709 posts, read 3,425,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
That's it? My hometown of Brunswick has more going on downtown than that. And that's damning with faint praise.
Seriously, one of the homeliest and most unappealing stretches of Peachtree has to be between North Druid Hills Road and Ashford-Dunwoody Road. It's been the stone in Brookhaven's shoe for decades. Town Brookhaven is supposed to pass as "New Urbanism", but fails miserably and contributes nothing to Brookhaven's main drag.
Brookhaven needs a cohesive and urbanized commercial district to befit its beautiful residential neighborhoods on the north side of Peachtree. So far, they don't have it. When you google restaurant recommendations in Brookhaven, it more often than not directs you to Buckhead.
Brookhaven is a fine neighborhood in which to live, but to tout it as Georgia's Excitement Capital is bogus.

You seem to be confusing discussions in here. I thought we shifted to Brookhaven vs Sandy Springs/Dunwoody. Not best in state as OP or comparing to Brunswick.

And while you continue to deflect, saying that I'm not bringing up any good evidence, you are posting links to make reservations at Maggianos.

Again, I've lived in all three at length. Maybe you should try that before posting on the subject again.

Just curious, how does Town Brookhaven fail miserably? Seems pretty active every time I'm there. What would make it a success? Maybe you can get with the developer/owner.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:49 AM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
I've heard that East Cobb actually ranks as Georgia's most "exciting" place...

Old 07-02-2018, 04:38 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
You seem to be confusing discussions in here. I thought we shifted to Brookhaven vs Sandy Springs/Dunwoody. Not best in state as OP or comparing to Brunswick.

And while you continue to deflect, saying that I'm not bringing up any good evidence, you are posting links to make reservations at Maggianos.

Again, I've lived in all three at length. Maybe you should try that before posting on the subject again.

Just curious, how does Town Brookhaven fail miserably? Seems pretty active every time I'm there. What would make it a success? Maybe you can get with the developer/owner.
I'm deflecting? You continue to miss the point by a mile, but I guess I would too if I were put into an indefensible position.
To the bolded, I've been riding in this rodeo since you were in diapers, sonnyboy. Dunwoody>Oak Grove>Decatur>Buckhead>North Druid Hills. The only constant in those 29 years was that Brookhaven was a big snooze and still is. If I lived there, I'd be running to the phone to make reservations at Maggiano's for sure. And I'm not particularly enamored of Maggiano's.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I'm deflecting? You continue to miss the point by a mile, but I guess I would too if I were put into an indefensible position.
To the bolded, I've been riding in this rodeo since you were in diapers, sonnyboy. Dunwoody>Oak Grove>Decatur>Buckhead>North Druid Hills. The only constant in those 29 years was that Brookhaven was a big snooze and still is. If I lived there, I'd be running to the phone to make reservations at Maggiano's for sure. And I'm not particularly enamored of Maggiano's.
You aren't making a point.

You are continually off topic. You don't respond to the questions I present to you.

I think you have adult ADD.

I've lived in those areas for a year longer than you. But unlike you, actually specifically in the areas we are talking about. Not Brunswick. Not Oak Grove. Not Buckhead. Not North Druid. Not Decatur. But actually within the now city limits of Sandy Springs, Dunwoody and Brookhaven.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
You aren't making a point.

You are continually off topic. You don't respond to the questions I present to you.

I think you have adult ADD.

I've lived in those areas for a year longer than you. But unlike you, actually specifically in the areas we are talking about. Not Brunswick. Not Oak Grove. Not Buckhead. Not North Druid. Not Decatur. But actually within the now city limits of Sandy Springs, Dunwoody and Brookhaven.
I find the bolded especially hilarious. Have you built a dossier on me now?

Old 07-02-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I find the bolded especially hilarious. Have you built a dossier on me now?
You are drunk, aren't you?

Your previous post.

Quote:
The only constant in those 29 years
I find the quoted statement hilarious because you can't remember one post ago.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:12 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I've heard that East Cobb actually ranks as Georgia's most "exciting" place...
Oh, no! It cannot be as exciting as south Forsyth County!! :-)

Old 07-02-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
You are drunk, aren't you?

Your previous post.

I find the quoted statement hilarious because you can't remember one post ago.
Now you're just pathetic.
Go violate some more traffic laws.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Now you're just pathetic.
Go violate some more traffic laws.

Deflect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta