Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 10:40 AM

120 posts, read 175,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
if you've got 500k, there is no way in hell i would locate in cumming or johns creek. there are way better places for that amount of money. if possible, i would try to locate in the decatur high school or north druid hills high school districts. if you are set on cumming, get in the SFHS district, as they offer the IB program.
Cumming I might understand, but how can you hate on Johns Creek?!

To the OP, Johns Creek, Suwanee, and Alpharetta are all excellent. I would say Cumming is a bit too far up north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 10:49 AM

3 posts, read 3,175 times
If I am considering Suwanee and Cumming, are there any plus/minus that pop uo?

We were looking at Johns Creek Elementary - River Watch Middle - Lambert High

Old 01-11-2015, 07:36 PM

69 posts, read 75,850 times
Can you talk about what area you relocated to in the Northern part of Atlanta? What are the pros and cons that you have experienced as far as traffic,schools,neighborhoods,safety, and anything else that you have observed? Hope you have been happy with your decision and will share with your readers a bit of your recent experience. Thanks!

Old 01-13-2015, 03:42 PM

69 posts, read 75,850 times
Default Did you move to Atlanta and how is it going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegu View Post
Hi All, thanks for the responses. We were able to reach a decision that Altanta will be the place to move.

Now comes the question on where to move. Our plan is to identify the schools that we want kids to go, rent a place and then buy/build a home in $500k range in the same area. This is to avoid moving schools twice...

Regarding job, I plan on continuing my current job remotely ( work from home) for few months and then will have to start applying locally. So no idea where the new job will be located.

I have talked to some of my friends who mentioned that Fulton and Forsyth schools districts are the best.

We are considering Cumming, Suwanee, John's Creek cities. Any advice on which city will have

1.good Middle/High schools with AP programs?
2.good newer house constructions
3. closer to kids activities (math, music etc)
4. 30 driving distance to most IT jobs

Thanks much
Now that it is 2015, Can you give us an update. Did you move to Atlanta? Can you talk about what area you relocated to in the Northern part of Atlanta? What are the pros and cons that you have experienced as far as traffic,schools,neighborhoods,safety, and anything else that you have observed? Hope you have been happy with your decision and will share with your readers a bit of your recent experience. Thanks!

Old 02-18-2015, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 676 times
Hello. You should definitely choose Atlanta! I am a realtor and my wife is a high school teacher at Buford High School, one of the leading high schools in the state located about 30 miles north of the city in a very quaint town. We love raising our two children here. Please take a moment to google Buford High School; you will be impressed by the school's athletics, academics, and arts. It is one of the VERY FEW public schools that is so prestigious that people pay tuition to get in. I could go on and on.
If there's anything I can do to help you in your home search, please let me know.

https://www.pinterest.com/dupontrealestat/
www.dupontsellsatlanta.com

Old 02-19-2015, 08:09 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,366,397 times
From what I have read about Novi (Planned community/ golf cart paths/ golf clubs) you really should also look in Peachtree City in Fayette County on the south side. They seem a direct match!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta