Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 06:39 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshooter View Post
I ride Marta only to the airport, have a gun ready at all times, and am usually appalled by the behavior and manners of 25% of the riders, and glad I only have to ride public transportation once every couple months.
I'd be more troubled by you than those 25%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 06:40 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
I ride Marta only to the airport, have a gun ready at all times, and am usually appalled by the behavior and manners of 25% of the riders, and glad I only have to ride public transportation once every couple months.
What a sad, cowardly life you must live. I can't imagine living in that much fear. Guess you never ride in the car since you are much more likely to die there, or is it just fear of your fellow humans?

Last edited by jsvh; 11-01-2014 at 07:10 PM..

Old 11-01-2014, 06:59 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
You have your gun ready at all times? While I applaud your preparedness as a fellow second amendment supporter, I question your need for it on MARTA. I guess you must live in a MARTA station and never venture into the real world where there actually is a need for near-constant vigilance.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:26 PM

11 posts, read 8,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
What a sad, cowardly life you must live. I can't imagine living in that much fear. Guess you never ride in the car since you are much more likely to die there, or is it just fear of your fellow humans?
Hmmm well I have had 4 assault/robbery incidents in my life(funny that all 4 incidents involved section 8 housing residents, what are the chances).

My Uncle in Philly 2 years ago is a super liberal, never profiles, and paid for it by getting knocked the hell out and his pockets run. I know the guy in Federal Hill in Baltimore who got attacked and stabbed by 4 wild animals 2 months ago.

My friend got jumped and the **** beat out of him in DC a month ago. Out of work a whole week recovering.

I don't know anyone who has been hurt in a car accident that wasn't drunk and asking for it. So yea, I am much more afraid of fellow humans than driving a car.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
You have your gun ready at all times? While I applaud your preparedness as a fellow second amendment supporter, I question your need for it on MARTA. I guess you must live in a MARTA station and never venture into the real world where there actually is a need for near-constant vigilance.
S&W shield 9mm, but I have it every where I got. But almost all of my interactions with my fellow Buckhead/Brookhaven residents are extremely positive, unlike the woman who flipped out on me on Buford Highway last week because I wouldn't give her a ride.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:48 PM

Guess the struggle is real for you, mdshooter. Hope your tin foil hat protects you.

Not sure what sort of lifestyle you are living that has been so much harder than mine but glad I have not had to face it.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
I'd be more troubled by you than those 25%.
Hey if you want to be afraid of the demographic about as least likely as any on the planet to commit a crime (having volunteered to undergo a FBI fingerprint background check and passed strict criteria) go ahead.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Guess the struggle is real for you, mdshooter. Hope your tin foil hat protects you.

Not sure what sort of lifestyle you are living that has been so much harder than mine but glad I have not had to face it.

LiveLeak.com - MARTA Stabbing -- Alternate View ** Volume Warning ** (comments)

You think your fellow Marta riders are coming to your aid? More likely to whip a cell phone out and record your stabbing than report it to the police.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
LiveLeak.com - MARTA Stabbing -- Alternate View ** Volume Warning ** (comments)

You think your fellow Marta riders are coming to your aid? More likely to whip a cell phone out and record your stabbing than report it to the police.
How terrifying that you expect that to happen to you every day. Glad I lived from that MARTA ride I got off of a couple hours ago.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
How terrifying that you expect that to happen to you every day. Glad I lived from that MARTA ride I got off of a couple hours ago.
Hmm I don't expect that to ME every day, not the least of which is because I avoid dangerous areas, but the next time four guys in masks say "Yo White Boy empty your pockets", it's gonna go way differently that last time.

And the way most counties voted on Marta, guess I am not the only one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta