Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 03:34 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,152,091 times

Advertisements

So I posted here a couple of months ago but cannot find the link. I was asking whether anyone knew why my bill was saying I owed x but when I did the line by line math on the bill, each line item was drastically more than the math said it should have been.

If I didn't check the math on the bill, I would have simply DRASTICALLY OVERPAID (think: 2K over the true amount owed based on the math) - and yet they sent me this bill, complete with coupons stating the WRONG tax amount owed for City of Atlanta and Fulton County.

So I called and asked about the math and then came the oops. We are sorry. Wait for a corrected bill. Are these people in government kidding me?

So the "corrected" bill comes with the adjusted amount of fair market value that is also based on my successful appeal. But the assessed value is still wrong. It is still the assessed value for the old, higher price...once again, the tax bill is way more than it should be.

I call back again. Second ooops. Sorry about that. Wait for a second corrected bill.

Then I get the second "corrected" bill and it does not include the historical exemption.

I call for a third time. Then comes the third ooops. Sorry about that. This time we'll correct it and email you a bill.

After all of these oops, my bill goes down 2,000 to where it was supposed to be in the first place.

What the hell? The entire d*mn office needs to be replaced. Are they trying to rip people off? What the hell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 08:52 AM

23,494 posts, read 44,167,340 times
Excellent post. These bills should be scrutinized due to the incompetence of city government.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:01 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,152,091 times
Thanks LovinDecatur. I wish I didn't have a thread to post. You'd think computers were not generating the bills with the amount of errors on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Excellent post. These bills should be scrutinized due to the incompetence of city government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: