Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 05:56 PM

56 posts, read 70,082 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone ,i am back again now i am definetly moving to Georgia next month crime is my number one concern i want to know where in gwinnett county should i look for home to rent in a safe community family friendly diverse neigborhood with good public school my husband job is in duluth also if i live in gwinnett county what area to look for job if i don't want to deal with a lot of traffic i am in the healthcare field any feedback will greatly appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 06:31 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,940,568 times
Suwanee is a great area and safe. Not too far from Duluth at all. Peachtree Ridge high school is a very good school. Not sure about budget or what rent goes for in that area.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:37 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,787,954 times
Get a job first

Old 11-04-2014, 06:40 PM

thank you so much sedimenjerry i did look into suwannee it is out of my price range my budget is 1200 a month because is going to be one income until i find a job what other area should i look what about snellville ,loganville, lilburn nocross and buford.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:42 PM

afdinatl thank you for reminding me my husband is moving with his job he is taking a tranfer from new york to georgia.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:44 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,787,954 times
He working in Duluth so look farther north for that price range in Buford or east in Lawrenceville

Old 11-04-2014, 07:05 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,940,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitanabo View Post
thank you so much sedimenjerry i did look into suwannee it is out of my price range my budget is 1200 a month because is going to be one income until i find a job what other area should i look what about snellville ,loganville, lilburn nocross and buford.
I live in the north Snellville area (Brookwood HS). Very good schools and safe area. I love it here. Wouldn't be a bad commute to Duluth but it is far from a lot of the main employment areas. The Grayson HS and Archer HS clusters are good. That includes part of Snellville, south Lawrenceville, Grayson, north Loganville and lots of eastern Gwinnett County over to Dacula. The Parkview HS cluster in Lilburn isn't bad but I'm afraid it's past its prime. 20 years ago it was a top area, now not so much. You can also look north on 85. Buford isn't a bad area and has it's own school district which does well. You might also be able to find something in your price range near Cumming. I would steer away from Norcross, especially near 85. Any of the nice areas would be costlier.

Greatschools has a great boundary map. This can help you narrow down some choices and make sure that where you're looking at renting is in the right area. Gwinnett County schools also has maps on their website.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:20 PM

for what i heard about cumming it is not diverse as gwinnett county i do not want to be in any place where i dont feel welcome

Old 11-04-2014, 08:23 PM

when you say futher north and east lawrenceville what do you mean is ther a particular zip code or school

Old 11-05-2014, 07:17 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,788,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I live in the north Snellville area (Brookwood HS). Very good schools and safe area. I love it here. Wouldn't be a bad commute to Duluth but it is far from a lot of the main employment areas. The Grayson HS and Archer HS clusters are good. That includes part of Snellville, south Lawrenceville, Grayson, north Loganville and lots of eastern Gwinnett County over to Dacula. The Parkview HS cluster in Lilburn isn't bad but I'm afraid it's past its prime. 20 years ago it was a top area, now not so much. You can also look north on 85. Buford isn't a bad area and has it's own school district which does well. You might also be able to find something in your price range near Cumming. I would steer away from Norcross, especially near 85. Any of the nice areas would be costlier.

Greatschools has a great boundary map. This can help you narrow down some choices and make sure that where you're looking at renting is in the right area. Gwinnett County schools also has maps on their website.
Wanting good schools and diversity at $1200 a month, the Parkview cluster should definitely be considered (assuming the commute works for you.) If your kids are younger Camp Creek Elementary is very diverse economically and ethnically--and is scored a 10 out of 10 on Great Schools.com. My kids went there last year and it was a well run (but large) school. Also, if your kids like soccer the Gwinnett Soccer Association complex is right across the street. The middle (Trickum) and high schools (Parkview) are still highly rated (and also very large), and probably some of the best schools in the state at serving a diverse population. Neigborhoods in the area vary greatly in their diversity (a lot of empty nesters left over from the days when the area was predominantly white--but as long as you are nice folks, I would think you would be accepted most anywhere in the area). There are 3 other elementary schools that feed into the cluster --Mountain Park Elm. is generally considerd the weakest of the 4, but is not a bad school. $1200 should get you 3 to 4 bedrooms at least 2 baths 1970s-1980s home with a garage or carport and at least .25 acre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta