Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 05:27 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Yes, the people who take forever at left turns as well when the signal comes on. Go already!

I should make a topic on Atlanta Driving Pet Peeves...
I can go on forever about it. People are bad drivers in general, but Atlanta is especially agitating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 06:41 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
I can go on forever about it. People are bad drivers in general, but Atlanta is especially agitating.
One thing that gets me is people who have a rear ender or some minor accident and just leave their cars sitting there until the police arrive. Get that heap off the road, buddy!

Old 12-09-2014, 07:25 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,146,666 times
Because most want the police to be able to see exactly what happened wout any doubt when the police finally arrive. It is risky to move. Further, in many states, it is actually the law to keep your car exactly where the accident happened until the cops arrive. They need to be able to record a diagram of the configuration of the cars. Many ppl do not know this. Moving your car is somewhat akin to toying with the evidence regarding the collision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
One thing that gets me is people who have a rear ender or some minor accident and just leave their cars sitting there until the police arrive. Get that heap off the road, buddy!

Old 12-09-2014, 07:33 PM

In the South, there continues to be the idea that your brother or anybody can just take you out, teach you how to "drive" and then you can go take the driver's test. If you happen to pass, voila! You are issued a license. This is total garbage. No kid should be issued a permit or license until he/she had taken 6-8 weeks of behind the wheel driver education WITH a trained instructor and had s semester of rules of the road in the classroom. Then the driving written test should be a serious one with about 100 questions. This entire process is what we endured in Chicago in the 90s. The process should be rigorous. People's lives, efficiency, etc are at stake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post

Old 12-09-2014, 08:09 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,710,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
Because most want the police to be able to see exactly what happened wout any doubt when the police finally arrive. It is risky to move. Further, in many states, it is actually the law to keep your car exactly where the accident happened until the cops arrive. They need to be able to record a diagram of the configuration of the cars. Many ppl do not know this. Moving your car is somewhat akin to toying with the evidence regarding the collision.
In this age of smartphones, it is silly. Get the hell out of the road especially when its a minor bumper to bumper incident. Move to the shoulder and let us go on!

If I'm sitting in traffic for an extra 30 minutes, I need the roof being cut off the damn car!

Old 12-09-2014, 08:24 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,983 times
Quote:
In this age of smartphones, it is silly. Get the hell out of the road especially when its a minor bumper to bumper incident. Move to the shoulder and let us go on!

If I'm sitting in traffic for an extra 30 minutes, I need the roof being cut off the damn car!
You have NO idea how hard I just laughed! SO TRUE!

Old 12-09-2014, 08:26 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:

The police should really start charging people that do that. Heck, I once had a pretty major collision, radiator destroyed, left a whole load of coolant on the downtown connector, front end was crumpled up a good 8 inches to a foot, and I STILL made it to the shoulder! The ladder that caused me to lose traction caused more disruption than I did, and it had already been reduced to shrapnel.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:46 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,710,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
You have NO idea how hard I just laughed! SO TRUE!
I say it all the damn time. Nothing pisses me off more than when I'm stuck on 285 and it's a damn minor crash and their doing, "your bumper doesn't look that bad discussion." I wanna throw something at them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
The police should really start charging people that do that. Heck, I once had a pretty major collision, radiator destroyed, left a whole load of coolant on the downtown connector, front end was crumpled up a good 8 inches to a foot, and I STILL made it to the shoulder! The ladder that caused me to lose traction caused more disruption than I did, and it had already been reduced to shrapnel.
Hero usually gets their now and drag the cars to the shoulders but I agree with you.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:56 AM

But what good is a smartphone or smartphone picture if it cannot be introduced as admissible evidence if need be? I cannot recall all the rules of evidence off top of head but smartphone pics might not be able to be used by the police/court in many cases. I wouldn't try to play lawyer on the fly like that. Many a person has gotten surprised and come up empty-handed that way. I would simply let the others in traffic go around before I jeopardize my own position. It takes only a second to go around. Most times, it's the rubber necking causing a great deal of the delay.
Quote:

Old 12-10-2014, 03:43 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
I thought the law said you had to get your vehicle off the road after an accident . It's dumb to just sit there blocking everybody else.

The cops should ticket people who don't move out of the way after a wreck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta