Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 09:39 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,559,131 times

Advertisements

I always thought those AG Entertainment guys owned these properties?? So its just another case of the little black boys making the white property owner more rich?? Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 09:46 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,559,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Because women like to go out, have a good time and not be hit on constantly.

This is one of the reasons straight women love going to gay bars. They can have a good time, and let their guard down.
which is the exact reason I think str8 men should stay out of these clubs. Logically it doesn't make much sense to go to nightclubs when the opposte sex refuses to get along or participate...I guess pimps know who to pimp. I just wish more men were smart enough to figure this game out. Nightclubs are a bad place to spend your money, followed closely by movie theaters and sporting events.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:15 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,547,037 times
Not this crap again...

Old 02-01-2015, 02:29 PM

989 posts, read 1,747,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I always thought those AG Entertainment guys owned these properties?? So its just another case of the little black boys making the white property owner more rich?? Interesting.
They do own a few, specifically they own Compound which is a definitely a redevelopment mixed use property waiting to happen.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:25 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,027,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Your remarks clearly show you are not very astute as it relates to business. I find it very typical that you turned it into a race based issue.

Very few business owners actually own the properties in which they occupy. If someone ever tells you to own the property, it's bad business and tax advice.

NOW.....what they could do is buy the properties under one corporation and than form the clubs/entertainment company under another corporation. Than the "real estate" company can charge either a leasing fee or a management fee to the club company. It's called upstream income. You always want to keep the real estate separate from the actual businesses. Create separate entities.

Do you think Walgreens owns all of their stores? They don't. Walgreens has generally been willing to pay above average rental rates to secure prime sites with a primary lease term of 25 years. Walgreens does not own the properties.
WG is in the retail pharmacy business not the real estate business.

AG Entertainment is in the entertainment business not the real estate business.

Just a little business lesson for you.

Last edited by Rocco Barbosa; 02-03-2015 at 08:36 AM..

Old 02-03-2015, 10:07 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,803,894 times
He still runs Prive, Compound and Halo

Old 02-03-2015, 10:59 AM

925 posts, read 1,339,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I don't think too many folks in Midtown will be crying over this.

Club like this belong in a 24 hour entertainment district like Edgewood.
What? I think alot of the younger crowd 22-35 move to certain intown areas partially for whatever club and bar scenes they fancy.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:04 AM

925 posts, read 1,339,255 times
I wonder why the regular fri/sat at Compound got closed down around 2008, i thought it was one of the best venues after vision.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:39 AM

1,228 posts, read 2,395,833 times
I do not understand landlords like Dewberry & Tishman Speyer (Colony Square) who would rather run out a paying tenant, and sit with an empty space waiting for that "magical" developer or dream tenant.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:43 PM

2,282 posts, read 3,052,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
I do not understand landlords like Dewberry & Tishman Speyer (Colony Square) who would rather run out a paying tenant, and sit with an empty space waiting for that "magical" developer or dream tenant.
Because a magical developer might end up paying a premium for real estate that they have their eye on for a major development...especially if municipal tax breaks are involved that will free up capital to pay more for the land. Look at what the craphole that was the old Atlanta steel mill/rail yard became... Atlantic Station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: