Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,451 times

Advertisements

I am a 52 yr old female relocating from NYC for a job in calhoun. Everyone working there seems to live in cartersville but I am afraid it will be too small town for me. Would the commute from kennesaw be that horrific on a daily basis? Any imput would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 04:24 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,487,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afromnyc View Post
I am a 52 yr old female relocating from NYC for a job in calhoun. Everyone working there seems to live in cartersville but I am afraid it will be too small town for me. Would the commute from kennesaw be that horrific on a daily basis? Any imput would be appreciated.
A commute between Kennesaw and Calhoun would basically be a breeze on most days because you would be commuting in the opposite direction of the heaviest traffic on either US Highway 41 or Interstate 75 (depending on where you would be living in the Kennesaw area).

A commute between Kennesaw and Calhoun should be less than an hour each way through relatively very light traffic on most days.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:14 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,771,436 times
I used to travel to Mohawk in Calhoun for business and there were quite a lot of employees that traveled from Marietta, Kennesaw etc. Many of them car pooled.

It was an easy commute for me at 55 minutes from 75/285

Old 02-08-2015, 09:42 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,314,323 times
If you're willing to drive a bit farther (maybe 8-10 minutes) than Kennesaw and want a more of a urban feel, downtown Marietta might be a good choice. There is lots to do here (restaurants, Saturday Farmer's Market on the historic Square, Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park) and, while it is still a small city, it has more of a true urban village feel than you are likely to find in most other areas in the ATL metro, especially in the suburbs. There are lots of different housing options, too, ranging from early 20th century (and earlier) classics to new construction (most of it with a Craftsman feel). Marietta becomes a pretty typical suburban place once you're a mile and a half or so from the Square, but inside that ring, much of it has an urban or old-town kind of feel.

We moved here in September (after many years in Smyrna, which is also wonderful) and just love it. Yesterday, my wife, the neighbors and I walked to the Square for breakfast and the Saturday farmer's market, as we often do. It's a very walkable place... while I drive quite a bit during the week (and am fine with it), I don't have to stray far on the weekend if I don't want to. Indeed, neither of us has touched our cars since getting home from work on Friday night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta