Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 07:32 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Watch ""Murder Kroger" by Attractive Eighties Women" on YouTube
"Murder Kroger" by Attractive Eighties Women: http://youtu.be/ozAVtHKlzqQ

Darnit! I was just gonna post this!

FYI - I have shopped at Murder Kroger on several occasions. I have never felt in any danger there, but I suppose this was a crime of opportunity. Again, Fulton County needs to get it's judges in order. Maybe if it were like Cobb in the way it handled criminals, there would be less crime. Although I suppose Cobb has it's share too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 07:39 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
I always thought KILLER KROGER (alteration) had a better sound to it, aka KIDDY KROGER, KOSHER KROGER, ***** KROGER

Old 03-10-2015, 08:33 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,261,599 times
I don't think Murder Kroger is a funny or clever nickname, and I bet this guy's family probably agrees. It's just sad. The parts of the city that are making their turnaround are targets of criminals, it's a sad fact of life, and to try to throw blame on anyone but the criminal himself is a distraction from the real problem.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:08 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
It was a random crime that could have happened at any store in metro Atlanta.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:00 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,035,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
It was a random crime that could have happened at any store in metro Atlanta.
Except it didn't. This is no longer a case of saying where there is smoke that there must be fire. This is now a case of saying that where there is fire, there is probably fire.

Bad stuff happens in that parking lot. I don't know how many of you have lived around there, but I have seen lots of homeless folks in the area many mornings.

I don't think that you can call the area safe with its history and most recent incident.

I don't know... how many murders or assaults have to take place in this parking lot before some of you admit that there might be some shady sh*t going down around a place called 'Murder Kroger'?

Old 03-11-2015, 07:13 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,486,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Except it didn't. This is no longer a case of saying where there is smoke that there must be fire. This is now a case of saying that where there is fire, there is probably fire.

Bad stuff happens in that parking lot. I don't know how many of you have lived around there, but I have seen lots of homeless folks in the area many mornings.

I don't think that you can call the area safe with its history and most recent incident.

I don't know... how many murders or assaults have to take place in this parking lot before some of you admit that there might be some shady sh*t going down around a place called 'Murder Kroger'?
The homeless people aren't the problem. The assailants pulled up in a BMW and shot the pickup truck owner and sped off in that same BMW. These sounds like trap boyz or chop shop clowns as I call them. I don't believe too many homeless people will be driving a BMW.

Remember most (shady) people who commit acts of vehicle larceny usually have direct access other resources of survival but rather do this because they can (and have gotten) away with this crime...

Last edited by jero23; 03-11-2015 at 07:36 AM..

Old 03-11-2015, 07:20 AM

668 posts, read 994,636 times
When I first heard about it I assumed it was drug related, so it makes me very discouraged to find out that it was a random, senseless act. This location was my main grocery store for years and was where I got my first driver's license upon moving to Atlanta when they had a drivers services desk back in the 90s. My heart goes out to the victim's family.

I'm surprised - and slightly relieved - that the national press hasn't picked up on this. President Obama was right down the street at Manuel's shortly after the time this happened. Even though the two events were unrelated, but I wouldn't put it past media outlets to push the sensationalism and paint Atlanta in a bad light.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:24 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,101,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Atlanta is getting more and more dangerous again. The murder rate has been rising and not dropping, despite the continued gentrification of the city. What gives?

Anyways, I was on the Beltline around 6:30 going through this area, and saw nothing that even indicated a murder just happened hours ago. The beltline was crowded too.
Stop lying dude. The murder rate is a 1/3 of what it used to be back in the day. When I was coming up Atlanta was always in the high 100's to low/mid 200 murders a year range. It's hasn't even cracked 100 for a few years now and there were less people living in COA back then.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:46 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Stop lying dude. The murder rate is a 1/3 of what it used to be back in the day. When I was coming up Atlanta was always in the high 100's to low/mid 200 murders a year range. It's hasn't even cracked 100 for a few years now and there were less people living in COA back then.

You make a good point with this.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:55 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,139,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
It doesn't matter if it was 1/3 of what it used to be. Nearly every city across the country has their murder rates 33% of what it was in the 90s and late 80s...that doesn't mean anything...for the last 2-3 years, it's been on the rise after decreasing constantly for decades. That's not a good trend. Look at APD Crime files if you want more information.

Charlotte, the city you live in has much much lower crime and murder rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta