Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 04:14 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,429,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
Not surprising. Atlanta is the destination for many young gay people across the south...a region that generally does not embrace comprehensive sex education and relies on an abstinence only stance of preventing STIs. (Impractical in my opinion...but I digress). Additionally, Atlanta is the hot destination for young gay black men who are much more likely to be HIV positive due to various reasons better discussed in another topic. This combined with the higher incidence of high risk sexual activity within poor black neighborhoods has increased the HIV rate among black women in the area as well.

Much of this could be reduced by proper sex education in our region, but the politics of Georgia will not allow this to happen on a large scale basis. It is truly a shame that a disease that is easily prevented continues to be a major issue because too many residents of the Bible Belt continue to think that if we just don't talk about it that it will go away.
/thread

Old 06-26-2015, 12:17 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,535,958 times
The Aids number will continue to go up. It wont have any effect on me though. Im a one woman man.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:53 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,164,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Oh my God...who in the world DESERVES a deadly illness? You might want to rethink that statement because there obviously wasn't much thought put into it to begin with. There is absolutely no reason to judge anyone with any disease, and your ridiculous comment just proves that there is much education still needed in the subject.

It's hard to believe anyone living today would make such an ignorant statement. It should equally offend anyone with a brain who reads it. You know, it could be someone you love being "purged".
Just wondering if there's a bad case of trollitis going around? Maybe best not to feed until the symptoms clear, and of course there's always the little red triangle if it warrants.

Last edited by Fubarbundy; 06-26-2015 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: :-)

Old 06-26-2015, 07:04 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,048,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
Just wondering if there's a bad case of trollitis going around? Maybe best not to feed until the symptoms clear, and of course there's always the little red triangle if it warrants.
That could be it...the ignorance of that post is a little too shocking to be real.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Oh my God...who in the world DESERVES a deadly illness? You might want to rethink that statement because there obviously wasn't much thought put into it to begin with. There is absolutely no reason to judge anyone with any disease, and your ridiculous comment just proves that there is much education still needed in the subject.

It's hard to believe anyone living today would make such an ignorant statement. It should equally offend anyone with a brain who reads it. You know, it could be someone you love being "purged".
chill

Old 06-26-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
No not at all. Id like to see AIDS go away, in order for it to vanish, those infected must quickly die off, so us normal folks wont have worry about it being spread. Why so quick to call names? Are you a fan of Aids? I am not. Take care.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
No not at all. Id like to see AIDS go away, in order for it to vanish, those infected must quickly die off, so us normal folks wont have worry about it being spread. Why so quick to call names? Are you a fan of Aids? I am not. Take care.
You are simply showing your ignorance...since the mid-to-late 90s people have been living with HIV and AIDS for decades now and it has become less of a death sentence and more of a manageable illness, on a similar scale with diabetes. People aren't simply "dying off" as you wish they would.

Don't act like you are immune to it - I assure you that you aren't. You "normal folks" can easily get it by being lied to, failure of a condom, or any number of other ways. No one is a fan of AIDS, but no one is a fan of ignorance to it either.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
You are simply showing your ignorance...since the mid-to-late 90s people have been living with HIV and AIDS for decades now and it has become less of a death sentence and more of a manageable illness, on a similar scale with diabetes. People aren't simply "dying off" as you wish they would.

Don't act like you are immune to it - I assure you that you aren't. You "normal folks" can easily get it by being lied to, failure of a condom, or any number of other ways. No one is a fan of AIDS, but no one is a fan of ignorance to it either.
chill

Old 06-26-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
chill
Nope, I won't chill while people like you are still out there who need education. Please seek help in this matter so you won't make such ridiculous comments. It makes you look really bad.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
chill
You can't expect to make such comments and have people just ignore them. Your comments are so offensive I don't even know where to begin.

I guess you expect people to chill when racist comments are made too? I always expect strong responses to such ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta