Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:45 PM

1,697 posts, read 2,248,834 times

Advertisements

Sometimes cops do judge a person for their race. They form an opinion of them based off the actions of others, assume they are a murderer, and wind up killing an innocent person.

Sometimes journalists do slander police because of their profession. They form an opinion of them based off the actions of others, assume they are a murderer, and ruin a good cop's life.

With the facts that this was this guy's third time trying to flee and that he pleaded guilty once before when charged for trying to run over a cop, I don't see a reason to assume the cops were racist or that they used excessive force.

He was clearly a threat to the lives of innocent people and he was anything but an innocent person himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 05:56 AM

155 posts, read 206,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
You're calling us idiots?

Only applies if your a RACIST BIGOT, As I stated in the end. So if you feel as if what I said fits you then yes you are an idiot for judging people by skin color.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:16 AM

155 posts, read 206,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
You were doing ok until you made that comment about the Maserati. Any idea how much those cost? Most of them start around 100k. So unless his parents were as wealthy as a Donald Trump, they aren't likely to have given him a Maserati.

Well Maserati's aren't as expensive to me as they are to you. They actually start around $68,000.The most expensive car in the world is the Ferrari Laferrari with a cost of 1+ million dollars. However, In my opinion thats still not expensive. I say that to say two things. 1. that it is not impossible for an AA family to buy expensive, unnecessary stuff like the rest of the world and 2. you dont have to have Donald Trump,Bill Gates, or Aliko Dangote money to buy luxury things like that. (BTW Aliko Dangote is 10 times richer than Donald Trump;He's an african billionaire).There are several blacks abroad and in this nation who make great wealth. But thats not what its about. Its about the poorly, trained police who keep targeting African Americans and all minorities.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus_Hewitt View Post
Only applies if your a RACIST BIGOT, As I stated in the end. So if you feel as if what I said fits you then yes you are an idiot for judging people by skin color.
I have done no such thing. I feel like you must have not looked at the facts here.

I judge people for what they have done, not who they are. I make zero assumptions about a person based on what others who have a similar skin color have done. No one should have to answer for anyone else's actions.

But this guy tried to run over a cop, and he admitted to trying to run one over before. In this scenario, the ones being judged for the actions of others are the police.

Picking guys who try to kill cops as examples of police brutality hurts the cause. Most people aren't going to feel sorry for a violent criminal. There are much more convincing examples that go unnoticed.

I also want to point out that I've never once been offended by someone calling me an idiot. My Mensa-level I.Q. makes such accusations laughable, especially coming from someone who can't spell you're.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus_Hewitt View Post
Well Maserati's aren't as expensive to me as they are to you. They actually start around $68,000.The most expensive car in the world is the Ferrari Laferrari with a cost of 1+ million dollars. However, In my opinion thats still not expensive.
Okay mister moneybags. Let's stop pretending it seems normal for this guy to have a Maserati. The article says they don't know whose it is. That implies it probably wasn't his.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:56 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,314,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
I have done no such thing. I feel like you must have not looked at the facts here.

I judge people for what they have done, not who they are. I make zero assumptions about a person based on what others who have a similar skin color have done. No one should have to answer for anyone else's actions.

But this guy tried to run over a cop, and he admitted to trying to run one over before. In this scenario, the ones being judged for the actions of others are the police.

Picking guys who try to kill cops as examples of police brutality hurts the cause. Most people aren't going to feel sorry for a violent criminal. There are much more convincing examples that go unnoticed.

I also want to point out that I've never once been offended by someone calling me an idiot. My Mensa-level I.Q. makes such accusations laughable, especially coming from someone who can't spell you're.
So very spot on. Thank you.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:14 PM

651 posts, read 1,562,177 times

ME: Smyrna police shooting victim was shot in back | www.wsbtv.com

Medical Exam shows: Smyrna police shooting victim was shot in back

TJ Ward says the family of Nicholas Thomas approached him to conduct an investigation into the fatal shooting in March near the Cumberland business where Thomas worked.

A Smyrna police sergeant shot and killed Thomas as they tried to arrest him on traffic charges and an outstanding warrant.
A newly-released medical examiner’s report shows the bullet that killed the 23-year-old man hit him in the back.

Thomas was shot as he drove a customer’s Maserati while trying to flee officers.
Autopsy results show Thomas was shot in the upper right back, with the bullet travelling slightly downward ending near his front left chest.

The report indicates the shooter was to the side and slightly behind Thomas, fueling the family’s claims that the officer did not fire in self-defense.
Much of the shooting was caught on videotape, which investigators have refused to release.
Sources familiar with the video tell Channel 2’s Ross Cavitt the images show Thomas driving the car toward other officers, prompting Sgt. Kenneth Owens to fire as it drove past him.
The ME's report rules Thomas' death is a homicide but concludes the designation of the manner of death as homicide does not necessarily indicate improper actions on the part of police.
District Attorney Vic Reynolds says a grand jury will hear evidence in the case next month and will determine if the officer should face criminal charges.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:17 PM

651 posts, read 1,562,177 times

Old 06-20-2015, 01:31 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,767,663 times
What is the theory on the police and/or the DA not releasing the video of the incident?

Old 06-20-2015, 01:49 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,398,592 times
Uh, I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Police officers need to calm the hell down, learn how to think straight in an escalated situation, and stop shooting suspects FIRST all the damn time unless a gun is being pointed at them. What's wrong with shooting to injure, instead of shooting to kill? HUH? ANYBODY? If this guy was trying to get away in a Maserati, then why not shoot the tires? THAT would have slowed him down or stopped him QUICK! I mean, you're in a parking lot; it's not like you would be aiming at tires while the suspect was trying to get away on an open road. AND you have an eye witness saying he wasn't trying to run the cops over in the first place, but no one cares about that. I guess him being black was just a coincidence; yeah, that's it. This scenario just mysteriously keeps repeating itself. So great, now he's dead. Now everything's a f*cking mess. Perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta