Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2016, 03:29 PM

3 posts, read 2,019 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

Does anyone know anything about The Georgian townhouses in Milton? How is traffic around there trying to get to 400 in the morning? We are going to be building in Milton and need to find a year lease until the house is complete. I want to be sure the area we are in is safe for our family and full of professionals. It seems like most of the townhouses are owned but there is currently one for rent we are considering. Is there anything walkable nearby?

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 03:31 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,014,275 times
Where in Milton are they?

Yes, its Safe.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:41 PM

I know Milton is safe per se. It's on Garden Lane near Providence Road. I just wonder if anyone specifically knows the community.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:13 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
The Georgian town homes are in downtown Alpharetta, not Milton. It's a very safe area, and you're only a few blocks north of the Haynes Bridge entrance to 400. I wouldn't expect a lot of kids around that area, the couple of people I know who live there are older professionals who downsized out of area homes.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:54 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,514,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltonlover View Post
Hi there,

Does anyone know anything about The Georgian townhouses in Milton? How is traffic around there trying to get to 400 in the morning? We are going to be building in Milton and need to find a year lease until the house is complete. I want to be sure the area we are in is safe for our family and full of professionals. It seems like most of the townhouses are owned but there is currently one for rent we are considering.
Thanks for any help!
Quote:
I know Milton is safe per se. It's on Garden Lane near Providence Road. I just wonder if anyone specifically knows the community.
Like Mattie alluded to, the development that you are inquiring about is on Rose Garden Lane only about a block or so away from up-and-coming historic Downtown Alpharetta (NOT Milton) and is brand spankin' new (I think that it might have just opened up this year or late last year).

It is generally an exceedingly safe area with very low crime.

Though anything relating to Georgia Highway 400 during morning rush hour can at times be a challenge (particularly after about 6:45am or so), like Mattie mentioned, the area is relatively very close to the on ramp to Georgia 400 southbound from Haynes Bridge Road.

Quote:
Is there anything walkable nearby?
A small group of shops lining Milton Avenue west of Main Street (Georgia Highway 9) in historic Downtown Alpharetta is only about a block or so away. With the notable exception of that small walkable area of businesses in historic Downtown Alpharetta, the area in question is not really all that walkable overall.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:44 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
I think there's enough places nearby to consider it somewhat walkable. Around the corner on Main Street you've got South Main Kitchen, Hops Alley and SmokeJack, with a 4th restaurant opening soon. Mittie's Tea Room, la Casa Italian Grill, and the Corner Deli are a short walk also. The library, the weekly farmer's market, and just about every festival Alpharetta holds will be practically on your doorstep. Even Wills Park is not too far to walk to.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:08 AM

Thank you all. We did go over there yesterday and it is definitely more singles or couples but apparently there are a few kids. That being said, I don't know that it would fit our things! We are having difficulty finding a rental that would work for us but have a few things lined up to see tomorrow more in Milton. If anyone knows of a townhouse or home around 3000 sq ft in Hopewell Middle School district (Summit Hill Elementary would be great too but really hard to find), please pm me. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta