Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2015, 10:16 PM

105 posts, read 117,258 times

Advertisements

Hello, Im a soon to be 24 yo Gay Black-American male looking at Atlanta. I had a list of places to move and have chosen Atlanta because it is the Best Choice for me that is near my Home. I'm From North Carolina, I would move to Charlotte it is a Beautiful city. However Charlotte is a little underdeveloped and the social scene is more Business and not casual enough for my current stage of in life. I would love to continue my education in Atlanta so the area i move to has to be either in close proximity to a good School or the school should be accessible by PT from the area. Also I would like to live in an area that is Simi-walkable. Also the area should have a SizableYpoung population. Living in the "Gayborhood" isn't a must for me, but it would be nice for there to be a LGBT presence. Also I'm not a pompous person so living in an area that is a bit more how you say........... "Urban" don't scare me. as long as i can walk around safely without far of being assaulted and its a hip and sociable place is cool. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for rent. So if it isn't a Ritzy place i am cool. Plus As a Ethnic person I would prefer to live in a area that is more diverse and has a bit of everything. Also I am looking for Jobs. So if you could suggest a good employer in the area you recommend would be great. To everyone I thank you in Advance

Last edited by Jaquancs; 05-25-2015 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: spell edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 05:32 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,034,947 times
Concentrate on finding a job first. Where you work and how much you make will have a direct influence on how easily you will be able to live in the areas that you are looking for.

Finding a decent paying job within the city limits of Atlanta itself will give you the most flexibility.

Do you have any marketable skills? What field are you going to try to work in?

Old 05-26-2015, 07:38 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaquancs View Post
Hello, Im a soon to be 24 yo Gay Black-American male looking at Atlanta. I had a list of places to move and have chosen Atlanta because it is the Best Choice for me that is near my Home. I'm From North Carolina, I would move to Charlotte it is a Beautiful city. However Charlotte is a little underdeveloped and the social scene is more Business and not casual enough for my current stage of in life. I would love to continue my education in Atlanta so the area i move to has to be either in close proximity to a good School or the school should be accessible by PT from the area. Also I would like to live in an area that is Simi-walkable. Also the area should have a SizableYpoung population. Living in the "Gayborhood" isn't a must for me, but it would be nice for there to be a LGBT presence. Also I'm not a pompous person so living in an area that is a bit more how you say........... "Urban" don't scare me. as long as i can walk around safely without far of being assaulted and its a hip and sociable place is cool. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for rent. So if it isn't a Ritzy place i am cool. Plus As a Ethnic person I would prefer to live in a area that is more diverse and has a bit of everything. Also I am looking for Jobs. So if you could suggest a good employer in the area you recommend would be great. To everyone I thank you in Advance
We need more info.
As for as a job, what do you have experience in?
So needing access to public transportation means you don't have a car? This will be challenging moving here.

Do not move to Atlanta UNTIL you get a job; I cannot stress that enough.
Like the other poster said, forget the apartment search for now, and concentrate on finding a job. You don't know what area in Atlanta to look, because you don't know where your job will be. Secondly, you don't know how much rent you can afford, because you don't know how much money you'll be making. Get those things taken care of first, and keep us posted.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:50 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,796 times
Tarzan is spot on. In ATL metro, if you plan to have any sort of balanced life, you first need to know where you will work. You will not "live" in your neighborhood but only get to sleep there if your lengthy commutes to and from work are hellacious.

There are a few threads about plants and what not opening in the metro area so hopefully you can make good out of some of those based on your field of expertise.

As far as percussion for being gay in any part of the metro, that's pretty much not a thing to worry about. Of course there will always be people in any area who have time on there hands to obsess over it, but I think the majority of us are just too tired care.

Find a job first and living location next unless you're independently wealthy or a trust fund baby. It will fall into place because then you get the opportunity to have some fun after rush hour in which ever location you learn you desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: