Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2015, 08:06 PM

6 posts, read 7,114 times

Advertisements

Thanks to all the wonderful people here, we've narrowed our house search down to Peachtree City & East Cobb. We have one issue that might push us over edge for south side living. My husband will have to lots of meetings with people in the film industry (some dinners etc.), so he wants to live to as close as possible to where they congregate. I figured this would be near Pinewood studios, but then thought they might prefer hipster locations in town or ritzy ones like Buckhead.

Does anyone know where the industry people generally live (not the actors, the crew)?

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 09:00 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,373,198 times
I went to look at a house a couple of weeks ago, I was there along with a guy who works at Pinewood. Unincorporated Fayette county/Fayetteville The Sandy Creek Rd area. Very close to where they will be building the new homes, theatre and new retail.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:30 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,768,125 times
The movie industry is really dispersed across town. It really isn't an established conglomerate base yet.

Pinewood is in Fayette.
EUE is at Lakewood
Raliegh is in Senoia
Tyler Perry is near Lakewood Fwy and 285
Atlanta Film Studios in Paulding County
Eagle Rock is in Norcross and Stone Mountain
Triple Horse is in Covington
Mailing Avenue is in South Atlanta
PC&E is in North Atlanta

The long existing Turner Studios is in Midtown

There are 2 really large ones proposed on the northside near I-85 and I-285. There are a bunch of smaller ones dotting that area in the industrial districts.

One of the large ones is the old OFS fiber plant in Norcross, which has already been used for some productions. It hasn't been redeveloped to be general sound stages yet. As proposed it would be the largest in the southeast.

I originally thought they wouldn't conglomerate closer together, but they really haven't. They are starting to pop up all over town.

I think this depends on what your husband is actually going to be doing and who he is working with.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:05 PM

6 posts, read 7,114 times
He'll be working in midtown but visiting the major studios and meeting with crew. Thanks for your help, I wish there was a more definitive answer, this is such a difficult choice.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:21 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,916,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne Hawker View Post
He'll be working in midtown but visiting the major studios and meeting with crew. Thanks for your help, I wish there was a more definitive answer, this is such a difficult choice.
If he's working primarily in Midtown then live closer to Midtown. There are studios in every direction from there so might as well be central. And getting down to Pinewood from there is a breeze (traffic wise).

In a couple of years, as Pinewood Village around the studio gets developed, I fully expect that will become ground zero for the industry types to congregate, if not live. It's all very exciting IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta