Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 10:20 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
^^^ exactly what atlwarrior said. "bougie" is a pretentious false sense of affluence, and should not be celebrated, over-intellectualized or discussed ad-nauseum...especially by black people for many of the reasons atlwarrior stated. Please please please let this ridiculous thread die die die.
Especially by BLACK PEOPLE. I hear ya GloveNYC....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
As I said before and not really sure why this thread was resurrected. When most AA are living a life of debt and credit ,without;owing land and leaving generational wealth in a will, being over sexualize with too much entertainment is nothing to be proud or should be consider bourgeoisie . Myself included and my people generally hides behind a very swallow mantle of pretending, powerless religion, and extinct college degrees that does not make us the top decisions maker in true influence. When our community can start owing, investing, and imparting generational wealth maybe this thread will then be revelant.
WOW!!! This thread is OVER, you just finished it.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:55 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Go.....
Away.....
Mutiny......
Bless your heart. Don't say something is "nonsense" if you can't explain it is the moral of the story.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:05 PM

120 posts, read 96,578 times
Yup I agree everyone in atlanta wants to be hollywood in reality 99%,aren't alot of them are broke and quite idiotic..

Old 04-26-2017, 06:20 AM

2,427 posts, read 2,478,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerissomeguyxx209 View Post
Yup I agree everyone in atlanta wants to be hollywood in reality 99%,aren't alot of them are broke and quite idiotic..
Yep!!! and sense we are going to let this Thread keep rolling on Half/Dead... Again my below quote said it best. vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Originally Posted by oobanks
When it Truly comes down to it, Atlanta is still in Georgia and still in the South.. Nothing really special and Nothing to really be Bougie about. The way the Laws/Wages are set up here, Still the south. Go outside of Metro Atlanta/ Macon / Savannah urban areas etc. Georgia is no Different than Kentucky outside of Lousiville/Lexington and Cinci/Northern KY which are Urban areas in KY with Blacks and diversity as well, which is a State that gets such a hard time about being racist and that I don't get. I get the perception though, and that's due in part there are so many blacks in one place in the Atlanta area which makes it look like this huge black Mecca but Georgia is Majority White. Another thing causing this is you get a lot of House and land for your money in Georgia period, being land prices are cheaper here and in the south so if you have saved a little bit, retiring from your big Northern or Western City, it looks really appealing and you can get a Huge Beautiful home for your money compared to what you would in say New York, Illinois, or even California, not to mention newer. Even if you move here renting an Apartment, you still come off as what they want to so call, so call Bougie.. For one Atlanta is newer and the Apartments are much cheaper than most of the Cities most people migrate from, not to mention the entire Metro it self has a more Suburban feel including parts of the City due to its greener and in the South, that's why its so many Suburban looking Ghettos here. It looks like your living well here, but Georgia Wages are so low, most are still living pay check to pay check,, not all but Tons. The Entertainment industry has also help give Atlanta this fake image... Don't get me wrong, there are some that do well here but for the most part, Atlanta is just like its Skyline, Beautiful but Smoking Mirrors... Bougie??? lol More like Modern Time hard Times for Blacks.. But that's just my opinion. Some people just enjoy the change in atmosphere and that's enough for them.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Bless your heart. Don't say something is "nonsense" if you can't explain it is the moral of the story.
I wasnt responding to you. I can say whatever I want AND I dont even have to explain it to you. Run along fellow. Wait...i know what to do.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:50 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
I wasnt responding to you. I can say whatever I want AND I dont even have to explain it to you. Run along fellow. Wait...i know what to do.
I'm well aware you weren't responding to me, but folks interact in all sorts of ways on this message board.

I was genuinely interested in why you said what you said, if you thought the "nonsense" was about Atlanta being the biggest city in the Deep South that is. But for some reason, instead of choosing to engage in an intelligent discussion, you became belligerent from the jump. That's not good.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angerissomeguyxx209 View Post
I dont know if Atlanta wants to be Hollywood, more like a Black Disney World, Black Fantasy Land.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:45 PM

787 posts, read 969,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
As I said before and not really sure why this thread was resurrected. When most AA are living a life of debt and credit ,without;owing land and leaving generational wealth in a will, being over sexualize with too much entertainment is nothing to be proud or should be consider bourgeoisie . Myself included and my people generally hides behind a very swallow mantle of pretending, powerless religion, and extinct college degrees that does not make us the top decisions maker in true influence. When our community can start owing, investing, and imparting generational wealth maybe this thread will then be revelant.
Yes I totally cosign this!!

Old 05-04-2017, 09:36 PM

25 posts, read 30,450 times
Default Atlanta got too congested.

Atlanta was a nice city back in the 70s and 80s. They got too much traffic. They cut too many beautiful trees down for more growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta