Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 04:28 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,878,856 times

Advertisements

i'm not trying to be a smartass; i used to worry about silly stuff like that all the time. but you've got to pick your battles and learn when to let the small stuff go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 04:31 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
dude, take some xanax.
Well that is dismissive.

Do you think it's fine if we all start doing this?

Or is it just for the big shots?

Old 08-10-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i'm not trying to be a smartass; i used to worry about silly stuff like that all the time. but you've got to pick your battles and learn when to let the small stuff go.
I appreciate the comment and agree with you.

However, I am running into this pretty often these days and it looks like it could be developing into a new norm.

What really drew my attention to it was the old geezer I mentioned who nearly ran me over. I would have talked to him about it but it looked like he couldn't hear.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:16 PM

416 posts, read 972,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

What really drew my attention to it was the old geezer I mentioned who nearly ran me over. I would have talked to him about it but it looked like he couldn't hear.
If they can't hear, use universal sign language.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
I'm with you arjay. It seems like more and more people just stay in "their own lane" in public and pay no regard to anyone but themselves. It is especially evident when folks are behind the wheel.
Now, tiki, you know that's not fair.

Of course people are supposed to stay in their own lane.

But parking their giant SUV in front of a store for 15 minutes while their friend is messing around inside is a totally different situation.

All I'm saying is get that thing out of the way while you are waiting. Pull into a parking space or at least move up where you aren't blocking the entrance or forcing other vehicles to go around you.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:39 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,612,280 times
In many cases, parking in front of a store, especially the way many strip shopping centers is designed is also parking in a fire lane, which is not only inconsiderate, but it's endangering other people. A good explanation of why this is a problem is here:

http://www.newtonnc.gov/departments/...is_illegal.pdf

The OP has a legitimate point that's more than a minor pet peeve. These people deserve to be ticketed or towed.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:51 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times
Quote:
Well that is dismissive.

Do you think it's fine if we all start doing this?

Or is it just for the big shots?
For crying out loud.

How many "big shots" do you actually see doing this? And how often? In a metro area of nearly 6 million people? Seriously.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:54 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times
Quote:
I appreciate the comment and agree with you.

However, I am running into this pretty often these days and it looks like it could be developing into a new norm.

Wow. Now who's being a big-shot dismissive smart-a**? It's pretty clear where you're coming from now.

If I saw you standing out in front of a store, I'd park there and leave my engine running just to tick you off.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
For crying out loud.

How many "big shots" do you actually see doing this? And how often? In a metro area of nearly 6 million people? Seriously.
It's getting to where I see it nearly every time I go to the store.

And maybe these people don't think they are big shots, but why else would they stop directly in front of the door instead of simply pulling into a parking place like everybody else?

Old 08-10-2015, 06:58 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,529,767 times
Quote:
I see people doing this more and more.

They will pull up and stop directly in front of a store entrance while their passenger goes inside.

However, instead of moving on to parking space, they will just continue to sit there, directly in front of the door for 10 or 15 minutes.

If you are walking in or out of the store, you have to walk around them. You also have to be sure that they see you. Just recently I was walking around some old geezer who was doing this and the guy started pulling off and nearly ran me over.

Where do people get this idea that they are such VIP's that they can block the entire entrance for everybody else?

If your passenger is SO special that they have to be delivered door to door, at least pull down a little ways so that you are not blocking all the other customers.

Welcome to Atlanta arjay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: