Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 07:18 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,746,006 times

Advertisements

MARTA to reward regular riders with free Breeze cards You can now be rewarded for regularly riding MARTA.

MARTA customers can earn free, round-trip Breeze tickets based on the number of trips they take during the 30-day promotion period ending Sept. 14. The transportation authority is launching the program to reward loyal customers who regularly ride the system.

“Ideally, reward customers would give their free Breeze tickets to a friend, family member or colleague who does not ride MARTA as a way to introduce them to riding MARTA,” said Assistant General Manager of External Affairs Ryland McClendon in a press release.

Customers who take 60 to 100 or more trips will earn two to four Breeze tickets valued at $5.50 to be used at their discretion.

Reward trip qualifications:

• 60-80 trips in the promotion period will earn two round-trip Breeze tickets;

• 81-100 trips in the promotion period will earn three round-trip Breeze tickets;

• 101-plus trips in the promotion period will earn four round-trip Breeze tickets

Promotion Participation Criteria:

• Breeze Card must be registered

• “Pass backs” between customers to increase trip numbers are not permitted

• MARTA employees, vendors or contractors are not eligible

• Any fraud or abuse of the Breeze Card will result in disqualification

• All riders (bus, rail and mobility) are eligible

Customers who earn Breeze tickets during the promotion period may retrieve them from the MARTA Five Points Ridestore from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15 only.

To determine if rewards trips have been earned, customers can log onto MARTA - Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority and enter the serial number from their Breeze card for results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 07:43 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,425,818 times
This is dumb.

Seriously....

Quote:
“Ideally, reward customers would give their free Breeze tickets to a friend, family member or colleague who does not ride MARTA as a way to introduce them to riding MARTA,”
It really annoys me that you have to pay for the freakin breeze card. There should be an app, no card to keep up with, that allows you to scan your phone. Surely that exists outside of the airline industry.

The only reason they like the card platform is because people lose them or don't use the funds left on them. Found money. Or as I like to call it, legalized theft.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:33 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
This is dumb.

Seriously....

It really annoys me that you have to pay for the freakin breeze card. There should be an app, no card to keep up with, that allows you to scan your phone. Surely that exists outside of the airline industry.

The only reason they like the card platform is because people lose them or don't use the funds left on them. Found money. Or as I like to call it, legalized theft.
MARTA and other US transit systems are working towards that. Only CTA has something close to it. US Transit Systems are so far behind other transit systems in the world when it comes to adopting new technology. I believe that the Streetcar not accepting the BreezeCard is a good thing and will help MARTA push towards a mobile payment platform.
Also, do know that BreezeCards can be registered, so if they are lost or damaged, the remaining funds can be transferred to a new card, http://www.breezecard.com/htm/balance_protection.html.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:50 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,066 times
Quote:
This is dumb.

Seriously....

Actually, I've lost my card before and had to get a new one, and they transferred all of the money from my previous breezecard onto my new one. So, they don't practice "legalized theft". I do agree though that an app would be fantastic, of course with the option to still buy a breezecard for those who do not have smart phones.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:57 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,785,358 times
Quote:
This is dumb.

Seriously....

SUPPOSEDLY people where making fake breeze cards and selling them so they had to add a chip in the card to prevent that from continuing to happen. That's why you have to pay for it now

Old 08-20-2015, 08:02 AM

150 posts, read 152,281 times
I read somewhere about a year ago that MARTA is working on a mobile app payment system... patience is virtue.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:57 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,121,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
SUPPOSEDLY people where making fake breeze cards and selling them so they had to add a chip in the card to prevent that from continuing to happen. That's why you have to pay for it now
It's nothing new, there was always a small fee for the Breeze card dating back to the implementation of the system.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:50 AM

150 posts, read 152,281 times
its a $1 for the breeze card.. get over it, other systems have similar structure..

Old 08-20-2015, 09:59 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,130,796 times
Dang, I'm only going to make it to 26 trips. Ah well.

- skbl17

Old 08-20-2015, 09:59 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,572 times
It amazes me how many people think a breeze card is a method of payment.

It's not. It's a receipt that acknowledges you have paid, and allows you access to the closed circuit of paying riders eligible to board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: