Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 10:13 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,937,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Every once and while, but on a regular basis? Man please...wait till you hit your mid-30's. I'll take a Netflix and chill by myself for $100, Alex.
Shoot, this is me in grad school at 23.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 10:14 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
OK. Worst place in America was a stretch. But the single scene there is awful, and the nightlife isn't much better. Especially for Black people. If you're working for a big corporation in Uptown or if you are into the church then you may come out somewhat OK. But I'm not religious and I work for myself. But even with that, meeting women wasn't the problem for me, I just didn't find that many women in CLT attractive. Thats why I said you may come out somewhat Ok because even if you do get in a social circle there, if you're used to a city that has attractive women all over the place, CLT is a complete let down.

And since we are talking about Detroit, they have better looking and more put together females that CLT does. Detroit may have is problems, but at I will give the women there credit, they will make sure they keep themselves up. Its nothing to see a sister jogging thru the hood down some random street in the D early in the morning getting her workout on before she goes to work.
Charlotte has good-looking Black women for sure, but I think you're just used to a place with tons of Black people period. So there are very few metros in the country that could work for you.

Did you ever try joining any organizations like the Urban League, NAACP, etc.? I volunteered with Big Brothers Big Sisters when I lived there and that was another way to meet other people, plus it exposed me to some things in Charlotte I probably would have never checked out on my own.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Shoot, this is me in grad school at 23.
Oh grad school wipes you out, I definitely know that. Bless your heart, LOL.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:34 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,101,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Charlotte has good-looking Black women for sure, but I think you're just used to a place with tons of Black people period. So there are very few metros in the country that could work for you.

Did you ever try joining any organizations like the Urban League, NAACP, etc.? I volunteered with Big Brothers Big Sisters when I lived there and that was another way to meet other people, plus it exposed me to some things in Charlotte I probably would have never checked out on my own.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one my dude. They had a few good looking Black women, no where near the number that Atlanta has. And the ones that would be attractive couldn't dress or their *** was flat, like it was always a caveat it seemed. And not even comparing them to the A really. Ive seen better looking women in a lot of other cities too. Like I said in my last post, Detroit has better looking Black women.

And I was all over the place up there, I was heavy into the networking scene just off of my business. I even joined this little group that their Creative Loafing started that met twice a month at the Gantt Center. The whole purpose of the group was to come up with ways to make the whole Black professional nightlife and networking scene better. And even that was wack. I had no vested interest in that topic, I was just trying to get in where I could fit in and make some money. But even being behind the scenes almost with folks there who actually had a desire for it it was just a bunch of tired ideas and plans and just more of "hey its July, but we already looking forward to CIAA".

Old 10-05-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
We will have to agree to disagree on that one my dude. They had a few good looking Black women, no where near the number that Atlanta has. And the ones that would be attractive couldn't dress or their *** was flat, like it was always a caveat it seemed. And not even comparing them to the A really. Ive seen better looking women in a lot of other cities too. Like I said in my last post, Detroit has better looking Black women.
Yeah we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Now of course Charlotte doesn't have nowhere near the number of good-looking Black women that Atlanta and Detroit have; those are two of the Blackest cities/metros in the country, so they have the numbers on their side. But I'm not seeing how the Black women in Charlotte were worse than anywhere else, especially in professional circles. *shrugs*

Quote:
And I was all over the place up there, I was heavy into the networking scene just off of my business. I even joined this little group that their Creative Loafing started that met twice a month at the Gantt Center. The whole purpose of the group was to come up with ways to make the whole Black professional nightlife and networking scene better. And even that was wack. I had no vested interest in that topic, I was just trying to get in where I could fit in and make some money. But even being behind the scenes almost with folks there who actually had a desire for it it was just a bunch of tired ideas and plans and just more of "hey its July, but we already looking forward to CIAA".
Well at least you got out there and tried; I'll give you that much. At the end of the day, every city isn't for everybody.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:02 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
My opinion could be that San Diego has horrible weather.
My opinion could be that the Jacksonville Jaguars are going to win the Super Bowl.
In my opinion collard greens are better than tacos.

Just like people including you bash Atlanta all the time
don't be shocked when the same thing happens to Michigan

I never bash Atlanta and didn't in my comments. I even stated that Atlanta is much better than Detroit in regards to economics, education and crime. I lived in Detroit for a few years and I have family there. I am also from the Midwest, not to far from Detroit so I love Detroit as well and I don't bash that city either, even with its issues.

There is no reason to bash any place, especially when you don't know anything about that place.

I would think we are all adults and can understand this.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:48 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Bye Felecia.
Bwhahahahaha!!!! I JUST LOVE THIS!!! lol. Exactly what I thought before I even unfortunately clicked on this ridiculous thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta