Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 09:38 AM

2 posts, read 2,094 times

Advertisements

Here I go with my situation hoping I get some awesome advice.

I currently work at great company here in Jacksonville FL and will be transferring to Atlanta. I like traveling and it's harder to quit, move, and find a job vs. transfer with your job. Especially if it pays well. I make good money to be so young but I still like saving money the best way I can. I normally work so much that I'm never home to enjoy my space but this time I plan on doing that and enjoying the city while I'm there. Hopefully a family member of mine will also be moving wit me so I guess I'll be inputting information for 2 people but would also include information if it was just me. So here goes nothing.

1.Budget. 1 person $600/mon 2-$900-$1000

2. House/Condo/Townhome? Renting an apartment or condo if it's just me. Townhouse or anything with roommate layout will be perfect for 2 of us.

3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) Commute we'll be working in the Dunwoody area on Premieter drive if anyone know that area.

4. Children(public school vs. private) none from either

5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two. No particular preference just as long as it's in the budget and safe.

6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Yes important just in case a car break down and for roommate who don't have one.

7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. None

8. Near airport? It would be nice to be near the airport since we both travel but it's not that important cause we don't travel a lot.

I'm looking to move between March and May. If he gets hired he'll be there March if I get the transfer between March and May.

My credit is not ideal [fixing due to bad parenting -_-] but I make more than enough to afford $800/mon on my own. He has never rent from a place so idk how that would effect anything.

How hard would it be for him to move into an apartment if he's showing his letter stating he's hired and the amount he will be making since he won't have paycheck stubs to prove it just yet?

We both will be there in March to scout areas and apartments and just to enjoy ourselves.
If there is anything you would recommend please let us know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 03:13 PM

31 posts, read 29,078 times
The Dunwoody/Perimeter area is pricey and in high demand, so I seriously doubt you'll find an apartment in your price range in that area. I recommend you begin by using Google maps to look for apartments in areas you'll consider, then research prices for those apartments. Once you find something meeting your needs, call them and ask about the offer letter and credit requirements. Each complex will have their own procedures and requirements.

Between now and then, do what you can to improve your credit score. You can find tips for improving it on Get Your Free Credit Score | Clark Howard

Old 01-07-2016, 03:48 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,942,401 times
You'll want to connect with these folks: Promove - Atlanta Apartment Finder

It's a free referral service that could be an invaluable help to you. Tell them you'll be working in Perimeter Center.

Good luck, and welcome to Atlanta!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: