Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 12:03 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,882,415 times

Advertisements

You can't post this stuff, it makes Cobb County and the Braves look bad. It's all rainbows and sunshine on that side of the river.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:49 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,270,128 times
Posting critical and negative stuff is fine by everyone here. But when literally all you post is that, it becomes clear that you're not interested in accuracy or a fair take on the situation.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:58 PM

114 posts, read 112,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Every Cobb commissioner except Lisa Cupid needs to go. Epic fail on their part.
Nonsense. If Democrats take over Cobb government you can expect much worse than what we currently have. You don't have to look any further for evidence than the local Democrat-controlled bastions of DeKalb and Clayton Counties. Both are failures at administrative and education level.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
You make a great point, Braves ownership does not care about the fans, they care about the profits.
False. You can't have profits if you **** off the fan base. You want to make money and provide a good fan experience, which is what they are doing. This isn't some overly simplistic zero-sum game.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:59 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,882,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermie125 View Post
False. You can't have profits if you **** off the fan base. You want to make money and provide a good fan experience, which is what they are doing. This isn't some overly simplistic zero-sum game.
$400M tax dollars will offset a lot of pissed-off fans for a long time.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:53 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,396,965 times
Why do you folks keep this up? It's a done deal and no amount of complaining and rehashing will change that.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Why do you folks keep this up?
Oh, the continuous stream of news out of Cobb writes itself. I just share the links and enjoy. This train wreck still has years to go and isn't show any sign of letting up.

Wonder if Boyce is every going to find a way to stop the continuous stream of county money going to Braves coffers?

Quote:
Mounting public outrage over tax-dollar spending on the Braves helped elect Chairman Mike Boyce last year. On Tuesday, Boyce called the county’s obligation to the Braves “a difficult issue to navigate.”

“It is the people’s money,” Boyce said, promising ongoing monitoring of the county’s spending on the Braves.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
$400M tax dollars will offset a lot of pissed-off fans for a long time.
Well, not really. There isn't a universal hatred of this deal. The 0.33 mill property tax hike that voters previously approved is being reduced to 0.23 mills, a 30% reduction. If you're going to get mad, get mad about the money slated for park acquisition that is being diverted (legally) to pay the bonds for the stadium. Personally I don't have a problem with that. Cobb already has more park acreage than any other metro county. We already have a lot of parks.

Isn't it fascinating how some of the biggest Cobb Braves haters neither live in Cobb, work in Cobb, nor have anything to do with Cobb, yet they behave like they are personally paying the bill? It literally won't affect your life at all. It is now officially a derangement syndrome. If you devoted the same amount of passion to your local community that you actually, you know, live in it would reap positive results. It is sad how some actively root for the downfall of their own neighboring communities and everybody who lives in it out of spite, pride, or whatever. Just sad.

Last edited by fermie125; 06-29-2017 at 05:25 PM..

Old 06-29-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fermie125 View Post
Isn't it fascinating how some of the biggest Cobb Braves haters neither live in Cobb, work in Cobb, nor have anything to do with Cobb, yet they behave like they are personally paying the bill? It literally won't affect your life at all. Get over it. It is now officially a derangement syndrome. If you devoted the same amount of passion to your local community that you actually, you know, live in it would reap meaningful results. It is sad how some actively root for the downfall of their own neighboring communities and everybody who lives in it.
I am not sure that is the case. I am in the stands with my popcorn, not getting arrested for opposing this deal like Cobb county residents. Y'all have fun up there!

Opponents Barred From Speaking As Cobb County Approves Braves Stadium

Too bad there is no way Ted Turner's Atlanta Braves to have played the Cobb Braves. Cobb would have been steam rolled.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
I am not sure that is the case. I am in the stands with my popcorn, not getting arrested for opposing this deal like Cobb county residents. Y'all have fun up there!

Opponents Barred From Speaking As Cobb County Approves Braves Stadium

Too bad there is no way Ted Turner's Atlanta Braves to have played the Cobb Braves. Cobb would have been steam rolled.
Derangement syndrome on full display, plain and simple. Dude thank you for vindicating my position. Keep it up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta