Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 531 times

Advertisements

Why not? Lol (Don't kill me just a sugestion)
Guys I constantly read a lot yet this is my first post.
I actually wrote a very long post about my recent visit to Atlanta after about 8 years but never posted it since Is sort of all over the place with the many areas I got to know this time So..Uhm let me go in phases.
First of all I'm in love with Atlanta..always been.
This time unlike the other times I ventured beyond the Midtown Buckhead Decatur Areas.
In general I am Impressed..Please value your city..
Much Love Atlanta (Charming City to me) EVERYONE said Hi Hello,How you doing etc

Ok I f I keep going in detail I will write another long post..So let me make it brief.
My focus...South Downtown--OMG What a gem...Yes Is rough..I like them type of neighborhoods..Just never thought that type of neighborhood existed right on the heart of the city..Soo much potential..(Yes I read that here in the forum and all over,everyone seem to think the same way) While is sort of stuck in time..It shows what Atlanta used to be,the real essence of the city. Not sure how real estate is looking,I haven't made it there yet to know besides the rent [prices which seem more affordable than other areas...
But while everyone seem to see the potential,they run away from it at the same time? Lol Why leave it to the developers and government when the general people can make a change themselves.

Anyway why the Mitchell Street Bridge is so ugly? Simplicity at its best..
I don't mean to copy the Brooklyn bridge,but some sort of Atlanta's own type of design..after all the Mercedez Benz stadium is being constructed which can revitalize the area (hopefully )..Maybe the Nelson st bridge too...?
A nice lighted bridge there fits perfectly and would contribute to revitalization!

Also How do you guys see the changes taking place around the Dome and future new stadium comparing it to what it used to be. I see vacant land around which I found out is owned by the city,even parts of the Morris Brown college,even the Samuel Williams Apartments vacated which seems like a lot of land but with what purpose?
Let me start with that...I have many other observations..
Much love

Last edited by RadiantHorizon; 11-07-2016 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: extra input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta