Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 794 times

Advertisements

I live in Athens and my boyfriend just got a job in Morrow, south of Atlanta. We'd like to find a good place for him to rent that's within half an hour or so of Morrow, but on the way towards Athens. Any recommendations for good towns in between? We'll be driving back and forth a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 03:20 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,518,890 times
Only options that come to mind are Conyers and Covington. Conyers will be a little closer to Morrow and Covington will be a little closer to Athens.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:00 PM

Looking at the maps, the best option is likely Conyers. He should not have trouble finding rentals there plus it's a better area than Clayton County. Conyers has lots of shopping and restaurant options too

Old 03-03-2017, 08:44 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,746,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
Looking at the maps, the best option is likely Conyers. He should not have trouble finding rentals there plus it's a better area than Clayton County. Conyers has lots of shopping and restaurant options too
Conyers better than Clayton? That's funny, for real, nice joke there. That wasn't even relevant to the OP (and it's a bad analogy seeing as your comparing a county with many different areas to a city), but it's wrong. Clayton is most definitely better than Spalding County.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:52 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,362,007 times
The City of Morrow is actually quite nice and has similar shopping options as Conyers (Southlake Mall v/s shopping centers/ Macy's v/s Belk) It has many well kept mid-century neighborhoods and a great PATH systems that wind through woodlands and wetlands among the communities connecting the neighborhoods to Reynolds Nature Preserve, Walmart, Clayton State, etc. I would at least give it a look.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:09 PM

Conyers is in Rockdale County, not Spalding.. and the OP was specifically looking for a town that would be somewhere on the way to Athens from Morrow to shorten the drive, and the likely place would be Conyers. Morrow itself is an ok place but Clayton County has a lot of problems overall. I know personally I would prefer being in Rockdale County over Clayton County but everyone has their own opinion and preferences. But if you read the OP, she says the boyfriend's job is in Morrow but she will be living in Athens and was wondering what towns were in between about a 30 min commute to Morrow. Well that's pretty much Conyers and Morrow does not sound like an option.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:44 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,746,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
Conyers is in Rockdale County, not Spalding.. and the OP was specifically looking for a town that would be somewhere on the way to Athens from Morrow to shorten the drive, and the likely place would be Conyers. Morrow itself is an ok place but Clayton County has a lot of problems overall. I know personally I would prefer being in Rockdale County over Clayton County but everyone has their own opinion and preferences. But if you read the OP, she says the boyfriend's job is in Morrow but she will be living in Athens and was wondering what towns were in between about a 30 min commute to Morrow. Well that's pretty much Conyers and Morrow does not sound like an option.
Your right it's in Rockdale, I was typing too fast without thinking, but my statement still stands. He was specifically saying Clayton was a bad county just to troll, and I have to set the record straight. I also said that talking about Clayton is irrelevant to the OP since he's looking to live in between Morrow and Athens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta