Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 03:53 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,102,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
This swag?

http://images.complex.com/complex/im...g-thug-jeffery

...I'm good on that, actually.
Nah. I was actually referring to that Zone 1 swag in my particular case, you know that swag that TI had when he went out to Houston and punked out Flip in his own city. How in the world y'all let that happen when we barely even respect Tip on a street level in his own back yard is beyond me. And Thug is an attention *****, he's a weirdo for sure I'll give you that. But it's interesting how you left out folks Lena Horne or even MLK. Pretty sure that little known guy who went to my HS has a street named after him in your city. Just sayin' patna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 04:11 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,102,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Okay, it's not your thing, but he's one of the many reasons Atlanta is setting the pace for pop culture right now.
You know what YT does represent Atlanta. I say he is an attention w***e because I'm pretty sure YT is just another Cleveland Ave knuckle head. He found a way to get attention and it worked so he ran with it. But with that said he obviously picked up a few things from growing up in Atlanta. Like it or not but he represents that homosexual/metrosexual/sexually fluid demo that is becoming more and more pervasive among the younger generation. And Atlanta is on the forefront of that. You don't have to ascribe to that lifestyle to live here, but at the same time someone who turns their nose up at here comes off as an "in the closet type". What you not confident enough in your man hood to even be around gay people? They gonna hold you down and take "your stuff"? You a man right? You should wake up in the am and know what which way your piece is swinging. End of story. And I'm not gay but I've always been proud that my city (yes that little ass country town in the middle of GA) has always been one where no one cares about who you smashing on in the bedroom. That shows the open mindedness of people here. That's apart of our identity, that's just another thread in the fabric of the quilt that is the ATL. Buckhead Betty's to Billy Bob rednecks, corporate heads, instagram "models", strip clubs, dope boys and wannabe rappers on over to the "Woke" civil rights heads and the vaunted and nationally known ATL Black elite. That's all Atlanta. And I'm damn proud of every bit of it.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:39 PM

11,842 posts, read 8,045,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Cute tirade, bro.

You have obviously landed in the wrong place. You would think such an obviously urbane and well traveled guy would know about a little thing called due diligence.

Time for you to return to Seattle. Enjoy the perpetual gridlock, months of grey mist and increasingly insane cost of living.

Buh-bye.
Trust me if I could I would eagerly return to Seattle. And for the record the cost of living in Atlanta isn't insanely less than Seattle at this present time. The same $300-$500k homes you see in Bothell and Mulketleo are in Roswell, Alpharetta and Cumming. I WILL give Atlanta one thing in this regard though. They do give you more acres and yard space (in the suburbs) and there's less apartments / condos where as Seattle is mostly just that. But the cost of living in Atlanta is not the cake it used to be a decade ago.

Seattle does have a traffic issue, but this is mainly because Seattle is geographically walled in by mountains and lakes. Atlanta does not possess the same restrictions and still has worse traffic (and this is also fact proven.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammaster View Post
Why the heck are you taking about Seattle in a Houston vs Atlanta thread? What is your deal?
Much earlier in the thread I made a general statement asking what everyone sees in Atlanta and why they think this place is so great because after having seen several other major cities I see a lot more setbacks than strengths in Atlanta when comparing it to nearly any major city..not just Houston (and while I'm on that note, Atlanta and Houston are not really in the same league.. They are two different cities altogether... A more comparable city would be Atlanta vs Dallas .as in without FortWorth combined..) Unless you're coming from some place like Chicago, New York, Washington D.C. ext (where Atlanta would be considered refreshing at the minimal) I don't see what's so special or spectacular about it. I see it has a lot of potential but I believe it is a stagnated city crushed by its own political nature which prohibits it from improving its infrastructure to support its actual population.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:12 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,949,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I see it has a lot of potential but I believe it is a stagnated city crushed by its own political nature which prohibits it from improving its infrastructure to support its actual population.
Stagnated? What alterna-planet are you from?

Sorry Bub, but 'Stagnated' cities don't have construction cranes from one end of town to the other.

'Stagnated' cities also don't churn out almost 100,000 new jobs and attract over 90,000 new residents in the past year.

And I don't really care what you say, but Seattle's traffic is MUCH worse than Atlanta's. The 5, the 405 and the bridges across the Lake are virtually gridlocked almost all day.

Again, buh-bye.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:23 PM

23,483 posts, read 44,134,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
And I don't really care what you say, but Seattle's traffic is MUCH worse than Atlanta's. The 5, the 405 and the bridges across the Lake are virtually gridlocked almost all day.
Having lived in both cities, I can vouch. Seattle's road system is like a vehicular flash mob. I've never experienced anything like it.

Old 05-15-2017, 07:04 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,110,114 times
Houston is very random compare to Atlanta and Dallas, in Houston you find like a colonial revival. a McManison and Some multi unit with garages on the same street.

Houston actually does have victorian homes and etc but Houston wouldn't have a large contunium like Inman Park or Grant Park. This partly because Atlanta was bigger in late victorian era but another huge factor Houston culture in general is more of anything goes.

Houston 1

Houston 2

Houston 3

Houston 4

Houston 5

Atlanta does have some homes that seem out of place, but for most part Atlanta is nearly opposite A lot of Atlanta core neighborhoods are historic districts

Atlanta oldest neighborhoods Sweet Aurburn, Inman Park, West End, Cabbagetown and etc are predominately Victorian with I minorty of craftsman, and bungalows,
Atlanta 1

Atlanta 2

Atlanta 3

Atlanta 4

The next ring of neighborhoods Virginia-Highland, Akins Park, and etc are predominantly American crafts with a minority of Victorian.
Atlanta 1

Atlanta 2

Historic midtown the neighborhood east of the Midtown CBD is a mix bag but I get to that blow
Atlanta

Peachtree Midtown 1907 to the west

http://historyatlanta.com/wp-content...ory-Center.jpg

In case you was thinking it's because oh it's because Houston pics had more multi units... no... These are example of older Atlanta multi units
Atlanta

Atlanta

Atlanta

The only places that are a little random in Atlanta is part of Historic midtown, Old forth ward.

This is cause the Midtown CBD is over flowing against the Historic neighborhood. And you get some multi units looking more modern mixed with older multi units and newer multi units meant to fit and look tradition.

Old forth ward is not register as a national Historic district this is probably cause of the Atlanta fire of 1917, and the construction of Freedom Parkway.

Ex indutral
Atlanta

Atlantic station is meant look like mill, because it replaced a mill.

West Midtown Atlanta area in general has an industrial pass so some developments are reflecting that past.

My point is Atlanta is doing more to keep the traditional feel verse Houston that more anything goes. neither is bad. Houston beimg random with zoning and architecture is something unique to Houston. And While Atlanta having so many historic districts contradicts what a lot of people think of sunbelt cities.

Old 05-15-2017, 07:10 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,110,114 times
And below is so silly
Quote:
Much earlier in the thread I made a general statement asking what everyone sees in Atlanta and why they think this place is so great because after having seen several other major cities I see a lot more setbacks than strengths in Atlanta when comparing it to nearly any major city..not just Houston (and while I'm on that note, Atlanta and Houston are not really in the same league.. They are two different cities altogether... A more comparable city would be Atlanta vs Dallas .as in without FortWorth combined..) Unless you're coming from some place like Chicago, New York, Washington D.C. ext (where Atlanta would be considered refreshing at the minimal) I don't see what's so special or spectacular about it. I see it has a lot of potential but I believe it is a stagnated city crushed by its own political nature which prohibits it from improving its infrastructure to support its actual population.
Is an emotional argument

It's like saying I don't like Chocolate I don't see why so many like it, I try strawberry, vanilla and etc they are better. if you like Chocolate it's only because haven't tried other flavors..

Need4Camaro doesn't seem to understand the concept of that people have different taste and opinion,

Also everybody stop paying attention to Need4Camaro trolling, He trying to boast Seattle in a thread that has nothing to do with Seattle and he doesn't seem to other understand no body cares because it far irrelevant to the topic.

Last edited by chiatldal; 05-15-2017 at 07:30 PM..

Old 05-15-2017, 07:40 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,532,762 times
Houston is a pretty normal city. Atlanta is way different.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:13 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,310,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Trust me if I could I would eagerly return to Seattle. And for the record the cost of living in Atlanta isn't insanely less than Seattle at this present time. The same $300-$500k homes you see in Bothell and Mulketleo are in Roswell, Alpharetta and Cumming. I WILL give Atlanta one thing in this regard though. They do give you more acres and yard space (in the suburbs) and there's less apartments / condos where as Seattle is mostly just that. But the cost of living in Atlanta is not the cake it used to be a decade ago.

Seattle does have a traffic issue, but this is mainly because Seattle is geographically walled in by mountains and lakes. Atlanta does not possess the same restrictions and still has worse traffic (and this is also fact proven.)

Dude, you have some serious issues showing here. Like, look at all this.

You came into a discussion that was about comparing Houston to Atlanta and felt so enraged that people like living in Atlanta and have positive things to say about it that you felt the need to antagonize and debate people on the overall merit with rage and hate filled essays using any city and metric you can find. That's not normal man.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:40 PM

20,519 posts, read 33,572,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Houston is a pretty normal city. Atlanta is way different.
Interesting. What does that mean, a normal city? The development style of Houston isn't what I call normal. Rather chaotic or funky in a way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta