Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 03:20 PM

11 posts, read 18,882 times

Advertisements

Hello! Relocating with husband and 6 year old to Atlanta. If you have any feedback on the 30331 zip code area, I’d love to hear your thoughts. Looking to buy a house in that area. This will be me, my wife, and 6 year old. Looking into private schools, so public school will not matter and my commute will not matter either as I work from home. Any advice on this area is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 04:11 PM

333 posts, read 387,862 times
That is Southwest Atlanta, very convenient to Hartsfield Jackson International Airport, Wolfcreek Amphitheatre where several popular national acts (both current and old school) perform, easy access into the City of Atlanta and lots of other things to do. You'll find the Camp Creek Marketplace there along with Woodward Academy, a well-respected private school, just a few miles away. Unfortunately, only about 114 single-detached properties show as available specifically in that zip code, but inventory comes and goes and you're sure to find something.

Welcome

Old 09-03-2018, 04:12 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,356,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshtxd713 View Post
Hello! Relocating with husband and 6 year old to Atlanta. If you have any feedback on the 30331 zip code area, I’d love to hear your thoughts. Looking to buy a house in that area. This will be me, my wife, and 6 year old. Looking into private schools, so public school will not matter and my commute will not matter either as I work from home. Any advice on this area is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
There used to be a sticky with things to list in your post to help give people more info. Budget mostly.

As for 30331, I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the area, but I don't think there's anything spectacular, either. Some of it is in the City of Atlanta, while some is just Fulton County. It does offer quick access to the center of the city and the airport, so that's a plus. Pretty much no real transit access, if that's at all important to you. Outside of a shopping area around Cascade Rd. at 285, there is very little retail or restaurants in the area of 30331. Also some stuff along the western edge on Fulton Industrial, but mostly fast food. EDIT: Oh, yes...Camp Creek Marketplace, in the far SE corner of 30331, does offer quite a bit.

Housing in the area is pretty cheap, but does have pricier options. You can get some normal ranches for under $200k, or move up to larger houses for $300k-$400k. You can even get a $1.4 million mansion if you want.

Old 09-03-2018, 04:44 PM

Budget on home is $800k, however not set on maxing that out either. Would love a home with a basement. How is the area as far as diversity? I am Caucasian and my wife is Hispanic. We are relocating from Houston. We live in the heart of the city now, in a single family, 3 story house, however no yard. Would love to be in a two story with yard and basement.

Thank you both for your insight!

Old 09-03-2018, 04:50 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,844 times
Quote:
Budget on home is $800k, however not set on maxing that out either. Would love a home with a basement. How is the area as far as diversity? I am Caucasian and my wife is Hispanic. We are relocating from Houston. We live in the heart of the city now, in a single family, 3 story house, however no yard. Would love to be in a two story with yard and basement.

Majority African American

Old 09-03-2018, 08:06 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,356,130 times
Quote:

Just out of curiosity...with a budget of $800k, what is drawing you to the 30331 zip code? $800k can get you in pretty much any area of the city, in a pretty nice home. In my personal opinion, 30331 would be one of the last places I'd be looking if I had that kind of budget.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:12 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Just out of curiosity...with a budget of $800k, what is drawing you to the 30331 zip code? $800k can get you in pretty much any area of the city, in a pretty nice home. In my personal opinion, 30331 would be one of the last places I'd be looking if I had that kind of budget.
Welcome to Georgia. Lived in Houston as well.
Curious too with that budget, why this area?

Old 09-03-2018, 09:27 PM

Thank you for your reaponses!

We live in the heart of the city in Houston now and are over city living. We want more of a community feel, house with big yard space, basement, families. We also do not want a ranch style home or to pay for an older home, yet have to spend even more money remodeling the interior. We did check out Woodstock and fell in love with the community, as well as houses (new and existing), however we are assuming that the commute to the Buckehead area has to be brutal. I checked drive times during morning rush hour and it’s saying 30 minutes, but I’m not sure how much I believe that? It seems that although Woodstock is 20 miles out, the drive times are similar even if you live closer in? Peacthree City did not appeal to us and Sandy Springs area was okay. We did like Brookhaven, but again many homes did not have a lot of yard space. Johns Creek was nice, but felt that we lost a little of that community feel. Someone mentioned Marietta, Smyrna, and Suwanee to us as well. Your opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 09-03-2018, 10:00 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,698,085 times
Quote:
Thank you for your reaponses!

We live in the heart of the city in Houston now and are over city living. We want more of a community feel, house with big yard space, basement, families. We also do not want a ranch style home or to pay for an older home, yet have to spend even more money remodeling the interior. We did check out Woodstock and fell in love with the community, as well as houses (new and existing), however we are assuming that the commute to the Buckehead area has to be brutal. I checked drive times during morning rush hour and it’s saying 30 minutes, but I’m not sure how much I believe that? It seems that although Woodstock is 20 miles out, the drive times are similar even if you live closer in? Peacthree City did not appeal to us and Sandy Springs area was okay. We did like Brookhaven, but again many homes did not have a lot of yard space. Johns Creek was nice, but felt that we lost a little of that community feel. Someone mentioned Marietta, Smyrna, and Suwanee to us as well. Your opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Did you by chance look in Newnan?

It's in the SW Metro and is very similar to Woodstock, but would offer a much easier drive to/from Atlanta via. a straight shot north on I-85 (much less traffic too). It has one of the best historic town squares in the metro area as well, if what you're looking for is that "small town away from the city" type of suburb. It also has a decent size Hispanic community, the largest of the southern suburbs.

Specifically, I would suggest looking into the Summergrove community, as well as unincorporated parts of Newnan in the Northgate High School district.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:25 PM

@citidata18 - THANK YOU! We haven’t had anyone suggest Newnan yet. Definitely putting that on our list!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta