Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 04:24 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,185,868 times

Advertisements

That's pretty good. He also did another Atlanta related video.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 05:13 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,709,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
That's pretty good. He also did another Atlanta related video.

I saw that one already.

I mean, he's not wrong, lol...

Old 10-08-2018, 05:52 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
I like that he thinks he's going to get more for his money in Decatur than in LA.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:51 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,250,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I like that he thinks he's going to get more for his money in Decatur than in LA.
What does this mean?

Old 10-09-2018, 05:48 AM

1,005 posts, read 729,704 times
I didn't find it funny at all until he mentioned wanting to live in Dekalb. At the end of the day this is a great PR video for Atlanta and I can see why the AJC shared it. Glad he cleaned his face up but still mortified by YT videos done in cars.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:13 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,709,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seussie View Post
I didn't find it funny at all until he mentioned wanting to live in Dekalb. At the end of the day this is a great PR video for Atlanta and I can see why the AJC shared it. Glad he cleaned his face up but still mortified by YT videos done in cars.
I actually like impromptu videos like the one in the OP.

IMO, it makes the person come across as more genuine. versus having that scripted/polished look that you see in planned videos.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:05 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Great points everyone! I think some fail to realize that those Blacks who don’t pursue making it big in entertainment, which is like 1%, have either a college degree or proficient in a technical skill..
What?

Old 10-09-2018, 07:06 AM

651 posts, read 476,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
Those are excellent points and comments.

Though, I might point out that if someone is moving to Atlanta from a place like Detroit or Michigan (with its super-frigid winters, super-crappy urban public schools, continued sky-high homicide rates and where many parts of the city and some parts of the state unfortunately are considered to be a virtually uninhabitable 'No man's land') or a place like Chicago (with its super-frigid winters, highly-questionable urban public schools, continuing state budget crisis and where people commonly fear themselves and their children getting hit by stray bullets and being innocent bystanders in an unacceptably high number of shootings in an ongoing drug gang war), then places like DeKalb, Clayton and South Fulton counties, even with all of their ongoing challenges, seem almost heavenly by comparison.

A large major metro area like Atlanta pulls much of its population growth from extremely rugged Rustbelt areas like Illinois and (especially) Michigan where the situations unfortunately are pretty desperate for many people who seriously might have to worry about getting shot while drinking poisoned water and trying not to freeze to death during a savagely cold winter.

Whoa Born, I am usually with you and some of this has plenty truth but this seems a bit exaggerated or extreme.

You may have a good point about Michigan but Chicago's cost of living is pretty close to metro Atlanta and most of the crime is concentrated.

Not to mention Chicago is a Alpha world city with unions jobs and excellent public transportation.

I assume most people get used to the cold.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
What?
I think he means that we get this caricature of a black person dropping everything and moving to Atlanta to make it in black Hollywood or music and then failing and saying the city isn't all that.

In reality many if not most have some sort of non artistic skill or experience before coming here.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtrico1850 View Post
What does this mean?

You get what you pay for. In LA you get beaches, a Alpha city level metro amenities and culture for what you pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta