Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 08:11 AM

2 posts, read 2,288 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am here to say that I do not care who steals my plan I just want to see this happen. I would like to especially see a bus go from Oglesby Bridge to Horse Park (Or to Dial Mill Rd) via McDonough Hwy. Or a route from Old Salem Rd to the Xpress Bus Stop on Sigman Rd via Salem Rd/Sigman Rd. Or last but not least a route that goes via Iris Dr from Walmart to the Xpress Bus Stop on Sigman Rd. These buses should charge a dollar per passenger and make stops on right turn lanes. If okay, then they should make stops 500-1000 feet from each other. Vehicles that can be used would be a passenger van (that can fit more than 10 passengers) Or a 30-40 transit bus for a plus. If anyone is into planning this please do it. I can't stand to see Conyers without transit because many people need it to go to work, stores, court, or run some other errands. This will also reduce the amount of pedestrians and ease traffic especially in November and December. Below is a route map made up by me and places where you can buy these buses to start the routes. Thank you for reading and have a good day.

Planned Bus Map:
[url]https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Conyers_Transit_Bus_Map/GdsuKaJiRo[/url]

Transit Bus Sales:
transitsales.com
alliancebusgroup.com (Forest Park, GA)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 08:29 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,857,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transitgeorgia View Post
Hello,

I am here to say that I do not care who steals my plan I just want to see this happen. I would like to especially see a bus go from Oglesby Bridge to Horse Park (Or to Dial Mill Rd) via McDonough Hwy. Or a route from Old Salem Rd to the Xpress Bus Stop on Sigman Rd via Salem Rd/Sigman Rd. Or last but not least a route that goes via Iris Dr from Walmart to the Xpress Bus Stop on Sigman Rd. These buses should charge a dollar per passenger and make stops on right turn lanes. If okay, then they should make stops 500-1000 feet from each other. Vehicles that can be used would be a passenger van (that can fit more than 10 passengers) Or a 30-40 transit bus for a plus. If anyone is into planning this please do it. I can't stand to see Conyers without transit because many people need it to go to work, stores, court, or run some other errands. This will also reduce the amount of pedestrians and ease traffic especially in November and December. Below is a route map made up by me and places where you can buy these buses to start the routes. Thank you for reading and have a good day.

Planned Bus Map:
https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/vi...Map/GdsuKaJiRo

Transit Bus Sales:
transitsales.com
alliancebusgroup.com (Forest Park, GA)
All Rockdale County has to do is pass a sales tax referendum and get the master plan approved by The ATL.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,288 times
Default I meant to say 30-40 foot bus

I meant to say 30-40 foot bus in this post

Old 08-23-2019, 05:59 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,707,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
All Rockdale County has to do is pass a sales tax referendum and get the master plan approved by The ATL.
I fully expect MARTA in Rockdale in 5 years or so. A half penny should be enough to service the county and portions of Dekalb as well.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:28 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,871,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
A half penny should be enough to service the county and portions of Dekalb as well.

How much revenue would a half penny bring in Rockdale compared to other counties? They have less than one tenth the population and less than one third the population density of counties like Gwinnett and Fulton.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:42 PM

7,354 posts, read 6,523,779 times
Rockdale doesn't really need large-scale local bus service. Maybe a shuttle between the Xpress P&Rs and Olde Town if they start running off-peak, and maybe the same between the P&Rs and a few key employment centers like the industrial districts east and west of town. If we ever get commuter rail that actually stops at Olde Town, you could probably make the argument for a route from Honey Creek to Olde Town, and the Horse Park to Olde Town, but even that wouldn't provide a substantial benefit.

Old 08-23-2019, 07:08 PM

18 posts, read 18,104 times
As someone who lives in Rockdale, I'm not sure if this is really needed?

Traffic is bad like it is in any suburb of a major city (Which I feel could be somewhat fixed if the traffic lights were redone), but is Rockdale really big enough for this?

Old 08-23-2019, 08:05 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,258,301 times
Rockdale County would hugely benefit from a MARTA station at Stonecrest Mall at the edge of DeKalb, just like Forsyth County would have benefited nicely from one at Windward Pkwy at the edge of Fulton.

MARTA operating in its originally intended 5 core counties would be great, and MARTA also operating in some others like Rockdale and Douglas and Henry would be great. But what would be really great, is if MARTA train lines more fully covered the area of the 3 counties that it currently serves, plus at least a little bit of Cobb and maybe a little bit of Gwinnett.

If we could just get ITP fully and ideally covered by a MARTA network, plus the OTP sections of the MARTA counties, then I mean these suburban OTP counties could make use of that, and focus on simply accessing that system.

Also, regional commuter rail. That would be great. But we can't have nice things around here for some reason.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:16 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,871,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Rockdale County would hugely benefit from a MARTA station at Stonecrest Mall at the edge of DeKalb, just like Forsyth County would have benefited nicely from one at Windward Pkwy at the edge of Fulton.

MARTA operating in its originally intended 5 core counties would be great, and MARTA also operating in some others like Rockdale and Douglas and Henry would be great. But what would be really great, is if MARTA train lines more fully covered the area of the 3 counties that it currently serves, plus at least a little bit of Cobb and maybe a little bit of Gwinnett.

If we could just get ITP fully and ideally covered by a MARTA network, plus the OTP sections of the MARTA counties, then I mean these suburban OTP counties could make use of that, and focus on simply accessing that system.

Also, regional commuter rail. That would be great. But we can't have nice things around here for some reason.

If MARTA just does zone or distance based fares it would work out. Those doing park & ride from Rockdale / Stonecrest into the city would still pay more for that longer & more expensive infrastructure even though their county is not paying MARTA tax. Meanwhile those of us in the city that are already paying 1.5% MARTA tax would have lower fares for our shorter distance trips.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:31 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,258,301 times
I would like to see something like, Atlanta-region Transit Link (which has 13 member counties and the city), aka ATL, takes over and absorbs MARTA and the rest of it, and there should be a new .5% sales tax for transit in all jurisdictions in its entire area (collected in each county to fund ATL transit in that county), plus the existing MARTA sales taxes rolled into that.

So then it would be, 2% tax in City of Atlanta and you get double the More MARTA plan, with all the stuff that was left out of it. 1.5% in Fulton and DeKalb, and they get their rail and bus expansions. and .5% in the rest, which is enough for each county to make massive improvements to transit and get rapid service. That would be a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta