Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 06:52 AM

11,804 posts, read 8,018,631 times

Advertisements

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...dswPEYcqNdG6K/

And my what a silly story.

I honestly dont feel that bad for White. It shouldn't have happened but she sure did invite it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2019, 07:02 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Pretty disappointing to not see this thread get any responses.

1) He will be okay. He would still be able to run for president and have a ton of privilege poor people don't have.

2) I think he needs to be investigated for that shoplifting incident. There are so many people who would not get away with it but somehow after he talks to investigators they drop the charge?
3) As for White, I hope she can get some counseling out of this if need be. She is likely not to see any justice though.

@Need4Camero, why would you say that she invited it? I read most of the article but my phone kept messing up...

Old 09-01-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Pretty disappointing to not see this thread get any responses.

1) He will be okay. He would still be able to run for president and have a ton of privilege poor people don't have.

2) I think he needs to be investigated for that shoplifting incident. There are so many people who would not get away with it but somehow after he talks to investigators they drop the charge?
3) As for White, I hope she can get some counseling out of this if need be. She is likely not to see any justice though.

@Need4Camero, why would you say that she invited it? I read most of the article but my phone kept messing up...

Sounds to me like White is married and she's been accepting money and gifts from the guy including it sounds like she is trouble given she was accused of shoplifting.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:32 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Sounds to me like White is married and she's been accepting money and gifts from the guy including it sounds like she is trouble given she was accused of shoplifting.
Well, the article says she accepted gifts of money for a family vacation and for her ill father. Is that an invitation to have sex?

Old 09-01-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, the article says she accepted gifts of money for a family vacation and for her ill father. Is that an invitation to have sex?
Not an invitation directly no, but seriously what did she expect was going to happen from a guy in power who most likely knows she's married and practically showering her in gifts and bailing her out of possible jail time?

She was okay with him while he was gifting and donating to her and accepted every one of them. If she didn't want drama from that kind of a situation she never should have accepted his gifts.

Old 09-01-2019, 01:58 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Not an invitation directly no, but seriously what did she expect was going to happen from a guy in power who most likely knows she's married and practically showering her in gifts and bailing her out of possible jail time?

She was okay with him while he was gifting and donating to her and accepted every one of them. If she didn't want drama from that kind of a situation she never should have accepted his gifts.
Maybe she was thinking he was a gentleman and a supportive friend. I hate to think we've reached the point where women are supposed to assume that a generous act comes with the expectation that they are supposed to have sex with the donor.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Maybe she was thinking he was a gentleman and a supportive friend. I hate to think we've reached the point where women are supposed to assume that a generous act comes with the expectation that they are supposed to have sex with the donor.

I could see this if he had a history of helping others but he solely targeted her.

Just in general most guys, especially men of power, when they target someone and start cherishing them...they want something...

Old 09-02-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:

The point is that DA Dick Donovan abused his position. If you are using the fact that she is married, that makes it even worse for Dick because he is trying to court someone who is legally married. Maybe he likes trouble. I think he is trouble himself. He needs to be investigated for some form of obstruction of justice or whatever he did would be called.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I could see this if he had a history of helping others but he solely targeted her.

Just in general most guys, especially men of power, when they target someone and start cherishing them...they want something...

Right but you are implying she was asking for it. She could have just wanted the gifts and not to have sex. If he pushed sex, that is sexual harassment.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Right but you are implying she was asking for it. She could have just wanted the gifts and not to have sex. If he pushed sex, that is sexual harassment.
I dont deny that he abused his position. He's definitely guilty and definitely does not need to be in his position because this shows he can be exploited and not for the good of the people

...But at the same time...

Nobody in that kind of a position, especially with a large amount of power gives out in the respect that he was giving to White without wanting something back. He was basically buttering her up for his proposal.

White accepting those gifts (which she should not have if she wanted a 'professional relationship' with him to begin with) is basically opening the door to an open relationship with him. I could see it if he lended her $50 bucks for gas and food but this dude is paying for a family vacation and medical concerns as well as possibly other luxuries that White admitted to and he refuted. That's thousands of dollars... I just dont see that going by without some romantic or sexual interest. This dude whether White accepted it or not is her second boyfriend given how much she allowed him to do before he started making proposals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: