Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2021, 10:06 AM

1,923 posts, read 1,290,617 times

Advertisements

I know im going to get some backlash for this, but I don't care. It needs to be addressed.

So I had to run to the store to pick up a few things. I was on I-85 south, heading into Midtown. For those that are familiar with that 400/Peachtree st exit, next time you are at that exit, immediately look to your right at the tree lined hill. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!

When I am sitting at the light at the intersection of Sydney Marcus and the access road, I always used to wonder why I saw people going up and down that grassy hill. Not knowing that the interstate is on the other side, I always thought it was just a cut through people were using to get somewhere else. I just saw today where those people are going. It is disgusting. From the highway, I saw TONS of garbage. TONS. With broken furniture, tents, etc. I kinda lost my appetite when I saw it. I literally looks like a landfill with tons of garbage bags that were broken open. Since there are no leaves on the trees right now, this homeless compound is very visible. There was a spot very similar to this last year off of 400 between Lenox and the Northpoint Marta station. Construction workers had to clear trees and found a huge homeless dump. It took them MONTHS to clean up.

So Atlanta, before you beat up on people that accidentally have a paper or napkin blow away, or someone throwing orange peels on the ground, and talk about climate change, address the homeless issue first. I understand there will always be homeless people, but Atlanta needs to do something to keep them from congregating in one spot. Or possibly putting dumpsters in areas like that so they can throw trash away like decent human beings instead of creating mini landfills around the city. Its gross to see that. I own property in the city and pay high property taxes. I don't want to see a landfill unless I go to an actual landfill. Also, it's not good for the environment, or the look of Atlanta (or any city for that matter).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: