Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 08:36 PM

11 posts, read 12,357 times

Advertisements

I need 2 find a good restaurant in ATL or Buck Head.

A few months ago my girlfriend moved to Atlanta. This will be her first birthday away from her family and friends. She got an amazing job in Atlanta but has yet to make many friends. I am surprising her by flying into town for her birthday.

I want to find a really nice restaurant on the upscale side (not a bar, burger and fries or chain eatery). I was looking at Canoe because according to their website, it is on the water and may fit the bill. Can you recommend a quality restaurant? Good food, ambiance...even romantic is on the top of my list. I’ll also consider a place that has live Jazz.

She does not like Italian food.

She likes, Sea Food, Creole, American, Spanish, Caribbean, Soul food, Japanese and Thai.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 07:07 AM

38 posts, read 193,982 times
What about Two Urban Licks or One Midtown Kitchen? You can google those names and the websites will come up. You can also search Atlanta Citysearch and see ratings. Ive heard good things about Canoe but have never been there. You mentioned jazz so maybe Sambuca Jazz Cafe. If you like fondue, Dante's Down the Hatch is kind of neat. It's themed like a ship but I think you can get a private booth area. I've only been there once and I remember the food being pretty good. I'm not a huge fondue fan though.
Hope that helps!

Old 12-20-2006, 09:30 AM

232 posts, read 1,722,157 times
Hahaha... good restaurants in Atlanta. Where to begin... this is the promised land of good eating. My first two recommendations would be Fogo De Cao in Buckhead. This is a brazilian steakhouse and is truly an experience. You sit at a table and turn a card over and they bring as much as you want of about 15 different meats. If you like good steaks... Look no further than Mckendricks across from Perimeter Mall (Ashford Dunwoody in the Park Place Shopping Center). USDA rated it in the top 10 in the nation for a few years as well as being the number 1 steakhouse in Atlanta. When you eat there, you will no longer look at Longhorns or Outback the same. It is without a doubt the best steak I have ever thought of eating.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:27 AM

425 posts, read 1,755,117 times
Seeger's, Bacchanalia, Aria, Restaurant Eugene. If you like the more neighborhood feel, try Tierra or Shaun's.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:11 AM

426 posts, read 2,321,742 times
Canoe is a wonderful restaurant but if you are loking for live jazz then I would suggest Churchill Downs, next to the Fox Theatre in Midtown.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:06 AM

17 posts, read 100,769 times
Seegers and Fogo De Chao are #1!

Old 12-24-2006, 10:02 AM

274 posts, read 860,009 times
Cool Restaurant

If she likes seafood I highly recommend Pappadeaux's. It's excellent. There is one Alpharetta, Marietta, and Norcross. Excellent choices on the menu.
there is also Atlanta Fish Market, the fried lobster is great.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:21 AM

129 posts, read 659,279 times
In buckhead I would recommend Bones steakhouse and the Atlanta Fish house.....

Old 12-24-2006, 03:02 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Default Been to Buckhead once...

...ate at the Lobster Bar...fabulous food. If you've been to the Oyster Bar in Grand Central Terminal in NYC, you will recognize the domed/tiled ceilings and the extensive menu. Well worth a trip to eat here.

Its the downstairs half of a 2-story restaurant building, the upper floor is a steakhouse.

Both the dowstairs seafood and upstairs steak house are rated excellent by locals.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:11 PM

101 posts, read 315,121 times
Chops (Seafood & Steak) or Nava (Southwestern) in Buckhead. Both part of the Buckhead Life Restaurant Group- very upscale. 5 stars!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta