Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 02:31 PM

3 posts, read 1,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalhipster9 View Post
How flexible are you on that hour to Conyers? Conyers isn't exactly in the most convenient location to much

I'm flexible on that...But I would like to stay within a reasonable distance. I've heard ATL traffic is comparable to LA

Last edited by Calimama84; 03-07-2024 at 03:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2024, 08:43 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimama84 View Post
I'm flexible on that...But I would like to stay within a reasonable distance. I've heard ATL traffic is comparable to LA
I guess that it’s good that you’re flexible on how far from Conyers you’re willing to live.

That’s because if you want to live in an area of the highest quality metropolitan amenities, you’re generally going to be living in parts of the Atlanta metropolitan area that are going to be located a little ways from the Conyers area.

Most of the areas with the most and best metropolitan amenities are located on the north side of the Atlanta metropolitan area/region north of I-20 (upscale urban amenities) and north of I-285 (upscale suburban and exurban amenities) along major radial routes like I-75, I-575, GA-400, I-85, I-985 and GA-316 while Conyers is a lower-middle class and working class outer-suburban area located about 25 miles east of Downtown Atlanta along I-20.

The City of Decatur proper/City Schools of Decatur (20 miles), the Brookwood HS cluster (17 miles) and the Union Grove HS cluster (17 miles) are upscale areas with higher rated and highly rated schools that are located the closest to the Conyers area.

Beyond those areas, the largest cluster of upscale amenities and extremely highly rated schools is located in the Alpharetta/Cumming/Suwanee/Buford area of North Fulton, South Forsyth and North Gwinnett counties.

The Buford City Schools district is located about 35 miles from Conyers.

The North Gwinnett HS cluster is located about 35 miles from Conyers.

The Chattahoochee HS cluster is located at least about 36 miles from Conyers.

The Alpharetta HS cluster is located at least about 37 miles from Conyers.

The Milton HS cluster is located at least about 44 miles from Conyers.

The Northview HS cluster is located about 34 miles from Conyers.

The Johns Creek HS cluster is located about 33 miles from Conyers.

The Lambert HS cluster is located about 39 miles from Conyers.

The Denmark HS cluster is located about 44 miles from Conyers.

The Peachtree Ridge HS cluster is located about 29 miles from Conyers.

The Mill Creek HS cluster is located about 35 miles from Conyers.

The South Forsyth HS cluster is located about 42 miles from Conyers.

And you are right that not unlike Los Angeles, metro Atlanta has its challenges with traffic. But the challenges with traffic in metro Atlanta can become much more manageable when one learns to get around without always having to use the freeway system on surface routes that may not always be shown on online mapping sites like Google Maps.

Old 03-08-2024, 12:49 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I've actually felt less welcome in California as a Georgia boy.
The Progressives will cancel anyone who doesn't march in lockstep. I've lived in SoCal for decades and have seen the decline. That's why I want to move to GA or SC, conservative states where I will be able to get involved in local politics and make friends without constantly censoring myself.

So that's why I take notes when I read the GA and SC forums. Even threads like this which mention children and schools because I'm retired and want to avoid those places.

Old 03-08-2024, 10:21 AM

1,374 posts, read 923,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimama84 View Post
LA traffic is a lot worse, from my experience.

Old 03-08-2024, 11:33 AM

6,538 posts, read 12,032,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
LA traffic is a lot worse, from my experience.
Even now since they expanded the Metro? It used to be a lot worse before, as well as the smog problem but that could be more industrial related and not just because of less cars of the rood (if there are).

Old 03-08-2024, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Even now since they expanded the Metro? It used to be a lot worse before, as well as the smog problem but that could be more industrial related and not just because of less cars of the rood (if there are).
We have a lot of 'new arrivals' in SoCal, replacing citizens who left the state. People avoid public transport as long as possible because it's too dangerous. Trains are the 'mobile homes' and portable toilets of drug addicts and crazies.

Old 03-09-2024, 06:12 AM

23,445 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Seek help. I beseech you.

Old 03-10-2024, 12:37 PM

1,374 posts, read 923,022 times
Quote:
Yes, even when looking at Google maps frequently. LA's traffic is constantly red all over.

Old 03-10-2024, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
Yes, even when looking at Google maps frequently. LA's traffic is constantly red all over.
It will get worse. The voters 'allegedly' voted for the Road Diet to remove lanes so cyclists can use it. This hasn't worked in other places they've tried it and had to revert back to normal roads.

I hope Atlanta doesn't become LA due to poor city planning.

Old 03-12-2024, 10:06 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
This is total nonsense. California is one of the main origins of transplants into Georgia. Even in the reddest parts of the metro (which isn't where OP is even looking), nobody will care about them being from California.
I don't see it. I rarely, rarely ever meet people moving from CA in GA.

Most people (except the OP of course) leaving CA don't venture much further east than TX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta