Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2024, 07:52 AM

9 posts, read 4,480 times

Advertisements

Asking for a friend.

Suggestions? He was looking for woodstock area but I heard macon is good too. Where can he rent easily the homes? Also looking for 200-300k homes with 2 plus bedroom mainly for high school education purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2024, 10:17 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina561 View Post
Asking for a friend.

Suggestions? He was looking for woodstock area but I heard macon is good too. Where can he rent easily the homes? Also looking for 200-300k homes with 2 plus bedroom mainly for high school education purpose.
There currently seems to be a noticeable amount of competition for homes (particularly for homes to purchase) in the Woodstock area because of that area’s status as an above-average North metro Atlanta suburb in terms of desirability.

With the noticeable level of competition for homes in an above-average desirable North metro Atlanta suburb community like Woodstock, I don’t know how much luck anyone may have finding homes for $300k and under in that area at this time. Though, if your friend likes an area like Woodstock, he definitely should start his search for homes in that area and see what he potentially might be able to find.

Your friend potentially may have more luck finding homes for sale in the Macon area. But the population is not growing anywhere nearly as fast in Macon and Bibb County as it often is growing throughout much of the metro Atlanta suburbs. And the public schools in Macon/Bibb County notably may not always enjoy the highest academic ratings.

Unfortunately, finding one or more revenue-generating rental properties may not be the easiest thing to do in the metro Atlanta real estate market because there are so many large corporate landlord entities who own numerous properties in the metro Atlanta market.

Your friend might need to consider if courses of action like subleasing currently-owned rental properties, making purchase offers on currently-owned rental properties and building new construction rental properties potentially might be options. Though executing those options at a price point of $300k and less in desirable areas likely may be a challenge.

Old 03-12-2024, 10:57 AM

9 posts, read 4,480 times
Thank you, yes I agree all you wrote.We had a talk on Macon and Bib ( I might consider be a partner in the business ) however schools are so bad around there apperantly, of course if a student wants to be succesfull does not matter the school but rental value wise those areas are not very desirable... Sugar hill or lawranceville or duluth? what is your opinion on those places?

Old 03-12-2024, 02:55 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina561 View Post
Thank you, yes I agree all you wrote.We had a talk on Macon and Bib ( I might consider be a partner in the business ) however schools are so bad around there apperantly, of course if a student wants to be succesfull does not matter the school but rental value wise those areas are not very desirable... Sugar hill or lawranceville or duluth? what is your opinion on those places?
Sugar Hill, Lawrenceville and Duluth are EXCELLENT places to consider owning rental properties… But do be warned that the market for rental properties will be competitive in those areas because of the increased quality of the schools and the increased availability of jobs and amenities in an area like Gwinnett County and suburban Northeast metro Atlanta.

Old 03-12-2024, 07:43 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Conditions make owning rentals hard now. Cash flow is hard unless you put a large down payment or do value add.
Woodstock is a great area and is what I consider landlord friendly.

Old 03-20-2024, 07:01 AM

5 posts, read 3,065 times
There are 2 home for sale in Macon right now under $100K. they need work but it's do able.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta