Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:49 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,404,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagmypts View Post
If you really want convenience and not price, why not just park at Hartsfield? That way you can just walk to your car as soon as you your flight lands/you get your luggage.
How true!
One thing that ATL has over any airport and considering it is the largest airport in the world is parking price. 14 bucks for daily parking, 8 for economy!
Trust me, you cannot beat that price at any metro location.

Heck, Philly at 30, BWI close to it, and don't even talk about Chicago ORD, or Dulles IAD.

Atlanta Hartsfield is a crowded mess due to it's size, but you have to give it prop's on how it is ran overall. Granted, some of the TSA folks could use an attitude adjustment. In that aspect I would rank them as the worst in the nation in regard to being unpleasant. Heck, even in Newark you can get a hey howyadoin from the TSA folks, ATL just snals and gives the pointing finger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 08:52 AM

45 posts, read 180,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2move View Post
My husband flys alot for business and parks at the lot right by 285. He uses the covered section. He found out that this is the lot that most of the flight attendents use. I prefer to park closer to the airport, but he likes it because when he gets home he is right there to hit the highway. They also give you water or soda when you check out.
Do you know the name of this lot? Thanks.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:11 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappearc View Post
From that description (free soda), it sounds like "Park n' Ticket". It is the only off-site lot I've used. It was ok, but they seemed to have far fewer shuttles i service than any of the other lots. I'm basing that on only one experience, so take that for what it's worth.

ParknTicket

Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Coming from the Vinings area on 285, where is the best place to park? Efficiency in shuttle service is probably more important than price. Thanks!
We just park at one of the offsite parking lots on Camp Creek Parkway. I think we've used three different ones now, and their quite convenient. I don't know if it's appropriate to mention our current favorite, tho. But they've very similar in terms of rates, bus rides from the terminal to your car, etc. I know the Parking Spot 2 has covered parking, FWIW, and it isn't too far in on the left...

Old 07-08-2008, 10:17 AM

894 posts, read 4,350,309 times
Quote:
I believe it is "The Parking Spot" it is right off of Camp Creek closest to 285 on the left. He said he has never had to wait for a shuttle.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:23 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2move View Post
I believe it is "The Parking Spot" it is right off of Camp Creek closest to 285 on the left. He said he has never had to wait for a shuttle.
The Parking Spot has two lots in Atlanta -- the original The Parking Spot has yellow buses with black spots and is closer to the airport, and "The Parking Spot 2" has black buses with yellow spots and is closer to 285. The latter has very good service (haven't used the other one).

Old 07-08-2008, 11:44 AM

3 posts, read 11,202 times
Where would be the best place to park if you are picking a passenger up for an international flight? I assume North Terminal Daily/Economy parking? Hopefully I won't be there more than 2 hours.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:44 PM

297 posts, read 1,538,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc48 View Post
Where would be the best place to park if you are picking a passenger up for an international flight? I assume North Terminal Daily/Economy parking? Hopefully I won't be there more than 2 hours.
I would park in the Hourly lot for the North Terminal. This will be the closest to the terminal as well as the cheapest (more than likely for only 2 hours).

Old 07-09-2008, 07:15 PM

21 posts, read 152,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
The Parking Spot has two lots in Atlanta -- the original The Parking Spot has yellow buses with black spots and is closer to the airport, and "The Parking Spot 2" has black buses with yellow spots and is closer to 285. The latter has very good service (haven't used the other one).
I've used The Parking Spot (the original) and have always been happy with the shuttle service. Have never waited any measurable amount of time to leave the lot. Only thing that ever torqued me was the one (just one) driver who grabbed my bag so I couldn't load it myself and then wanted a tip

Old 07-10-2008, 01:21 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,526,564 times
We left Atlanta on a Friday morning in June. Our flight was at 6:00AM and a neighbor advised me to leave at 3:30-3:45 which at the time I thought was absurd. We live in East Cobb which is about 30 minutes w/o traffic. I did take her advice and was very glad I did as the economy lot at the airport was almost completely full at 4:30 in the morning. There were about 10 spots left. It wasn't a holiday weekend. Just my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: