Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 03:36 PM

2 posts, read 18,096 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone I would like to know if their is a church with all races involved black white,yellow, green... I think you get it in the Woodstock, Georgia area I'm pretty much non denominational and love all. I am black and my hubby is white we have mixed twins and would like to find a good church nearby.

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 04:51 PM

894 posts, read 4,350,309 times
I live in Woodstock, and not sure you are going to get that here. The only church I know of is the HUGE one on Highway 92 near trickum. It's the Woodstock Baptist Church, I think they even broadcast on radio on Sundays.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:33 PM

321 posts, read 1,119,582 times
Welcome to the area! I'm a bit south of where your residing, however I believe you could look into the Unity North Atlanta Church on Sandy Plains Road. Not far from Woodstock, in NE Cobb County. Here is their website:

Unity North Atlanta Church

They've had many wonderful guest speakers, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer and more.

They also have "pet" blessings and healing for animals of all kinds.

I'm personally not a member, however I think some of the services and "all welcome" attitude may be something you would like to investigate.

Best 2 u ...

Old 08-09-2008, 09:50 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
Check out two different churches, His Hands Church is in the old KMart off of 92 just west of I-575. It has a younger vibe to it, might not be as traditional as you would like.

However, the church in the area that has done the most to proactively become a multicultural congregation is Liberty Church in Marietta. It not only has a mix of races in the congregation, the leadership and pastoral staff is very diverse. There are several interracial families. Many of the members live in the Woodstock area, it is located on Highway 41 not far from Kennestone hospital, so an easy jump down from Woodstock.

www.libertychurch.org

Old 01-28-2010, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 10,217 times
That's the best that GA can do?! It saddens my heart that my family can not find a church that reflects what heaven will look like. I truly do not understand and no one can seem to give me an answer.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:04 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker Family View Post
That's the best that GA can do?! It saddens my heart that my family can not find a church that reflects what heaven will look like. I truly do not understand and no one can seem to give me an answer.
Are you near Marietta?

Houses of worship
 still divided by race *| ajc.com

Old 02-20-2010, 08:20 AM

40 posts, read 119,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker Family View Post
I'm asking similar questions ... Considering a move to North Metro Atlanta , and more than a little concerned with the religious landscape.

You might look towards an " emergent / emerging / missional " christian community. They trend towards younger , open minded. They also trend to be less of a consumer product and more of a community.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:20 AM

2 posts, read 18,096 times
Thanks for the above info. Ive gone to the mentioned churches. I now attend "worship with wonders"

its off Barrett prkwy and 575/75 exit 1

425 Ernest W. Barrett Parkway Kennesaw, GA 30144

(770) 428-4196 Behind the marshal's tjmak shopping center

Worship with Wonders Church in Kennesaw Georgia near Town Center Mall and Kennesaw State University (KSU)

http://worshipwithwonders.org/

accept our Lords peace and love he has for us all amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta