Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 08:16 AM

293 posts, read 1,106,935 times

Advertisements

I am so glad that 90% of these sports experts picked the Falcons to finish dead last in the division again, or not do anything because they are "rebuilding". I don't care how ugly that game was on Sunday or what people have to say, the Falcons deserve to clinch a playoff spot and a shot at being NFC South Champions!

I have always been a die hard Falcons fan and am not a person to jump on the "winning bandwagon". I was optimistic enough to at least pick them to accomplish an 8-8 record and they have exceeded my expectations.

Go Matt Ryan! Rookie of the year DEFINITELY!! There is more to life than Michael Vick. My heart goes out to him, but, Matt Ryan has definitely had an outstanding season!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 10:39 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Atlanta Peach View Post
I am so glad that 90% of these sports experts picked the Falcons to finish dead last in the division again, or not do anything because they are "rebuilding". I don't care how ugly that game was on Sunday or what people have to say, the Falcons deserve to clinch a playoff spot and a shot at being NFC South Champions!

I have always been a die hard Falcons fan and am not a person to jump on the "winning bandwagon". I was optimistic enough to at least pick them to accomplish an 8-8 record and they have exceeded my expectations.

Go Matt Ryan! Rookie of the year DEFINITELY!! There is more to life than Michael Vick. My heart goes out to him, but, Matt Ryan has definitely had an outstanding season!!
I totally agree...great season and great chance to win the NFC South. I even heard a couple of analysts give the Falcons a good chance to make it to the Super Bowl...

My heart doesn't go out to Michael Vick...mine goes out to the many dogs he tortured, maimed, and murdered. He's where he belongs...and so it Matt Ryan.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:42 PM

744 posts, read 2,482,638 times
After last year and all the craziness ( The Micheal Vick stuff, the losing season, the coach Patrino (? spelling ) ), this sooooooooo is the season we needed !
Go Falcons !!

Old 12-23-2008, 01:56 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
I couldn't care less about the Falcons or the NFL, but the thought of Michael Vick coming to the ego-shattering realization that his team is getting along just fine without him brings a smile to my face.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:49 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times
The thing about Vick that I didn't like is he had no love for Atlanta, what I mean by that is the city embraced him but he didn't return the favor. The only time I defended Vick was when I read some of the comments from the AJC (before all the drama started). Michael Vick had all of the talent in the world to be historic but his thinking and selfishness prevented him from going up in history as legendary. Vick wasn't mature enough to work with the team HERE during the off-season but he did this to himself and Atlanta has moved on, that's life Mike. I have moved on and I don't hold anything against him because I know that millions of people still do. Go Falcons beat WHOEVER!

Old 12-23-2008, 11:17 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,094,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I couldn't care less about the Falcons or the NFL, but the thought of Michael Vick coming to the ego-shattering realization that his team is getting along just fine without him brings a smile to my face.

No one can take the one thing fro michael vick.He was a great Quarterback!!!!!!!!!!! we all have done things in our lifes the were not right so dont hold the one thing this man did against him,because before this we were packing the dome out just to see this man play. He also took the falcons to the playoffs too. But i really dont think they will make it too the super bowl like they did when jamal anderson was playing

Old 12-23-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
The thing about Vick that I didn't like is he had no love for Atlanta, what I mean by that is the city embraced him but he didn't return the favor. The only time I defended Vick was when I read some of the comments from the AJC (before all the drama started). Michael Vick had all of the talent in the world to be historic but his thinking and selfishness prevented him from going up in history as legendary. Vick wasn't mature enough to work with the team HERE during the off-season but he did this to himself and Atlanta has moved on, that's life Mike. I have moved on and I don't hold anything against him because I know that millions of people still do. Go Falcons beat WHOEVER!
That was nice to say man people got to learn how to let go of the past and move on Im pretty sure and i bet michael vick will be back

Old 12-24-2008, 02:46 PM

293 posts, read 1,106,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
That was nice to say man people got to learn how to let go of the past and move on Im pretty sure and i bet michael vick will be back
He is still under contract for them to hold on to him just to trade him for a better asset. He has some serious growing up and maturing to do and we don't have time for that here. Let's bring another championship to the "A"!!

Old 12-24-2008, 04:26 PM

No telling what alot of those NFL players are doing alot of them are just playing there cards right

Old 12-24-2008, 09:32 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times
Honestly, I do hope that Vick learned from his mistakes, straighten his life out by removing the bad seeds, and start over. This guy has been disgraced publicly over and over again (yes, he did it to himself), and shackled in court; he did his time and that works for me. Like AtlantaATL alluded to, we have no clue what these guys do in their time but Vick just got caught. Call me a monster, I don't care, he payed for the crime move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta