Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 12:07 AM

41 posts, read 219,628 times

Advertisements

I was reading some wonderful things about the West End area and I wanted to ask everyone what they thought about Lucile Ave Sw. Are there a lot of vacant homes in the area? How is crime? Do you think safety would be an issue for a single female? I hear the area is growing and most of the area is changing for the better.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 06:48 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,912,112 times
The West End is enjoying a mini-revival that includes a new charter school in 2009 http://www.kindezi.org./Home.html (broken link) which should definately attract more families and young couples to the area.

There are a few amount of vacant homes the further you go away from West End Park closer to Westview. If I was buying there I would buy directly on West End Park. There are a few apartment buildings (Not Projects) in the area which have some un-savory looking characters dwelling about as long as you take the normal pre-cautions (Security) you should be ok. As a single women you have to be careful anywhere but don't make yourself a target. I like the area and there are a few nice parks and some nice development going on on Lowery Blvd./Ashby Street with Collegetown and Morehouse College building the Ray Charles Center across the street from CollegeTown College Town at West End

Once this is built out you will have two significant commercial/retail/SFO/MF developments within 1 mile of your residence (Other being Westside Village Historic Westside Village). These developments will greatly enhance the neighborhood and with Marta access at Ashby on the E/W Line and West End on the N/S line your all set If you don't wan't to battle the Atlanta traffic.

The West End has a strong neighboorhood association and you should definately check out there monthly meetings as well as the NPU (Neighborhood Planning Unit) meeting monthly. Here are a ton of links for your viewing enjoyment on the neighborhood.

West End Neighborhood Association Atlanta - Google Search

Good luck!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:07 AM

41 posts, read 219,628 times
Thank you! I will be driving to ATL pretty soon to check out the area.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,313 times
downtown atlanta is the hood. i go to clark atlanta, its bums, junkies & prostitues. the apartments are nice but the area is crazy. dont let no one tell you different. But i like it here tho =)

Old 10-12-2009, 05:47 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2008fd View Post
downtown atlanta is the hood. i go to clark atlanta, its bums, junkies & prostitues. the apartments are nice but the area is crazy. dont let no one tell you different. But i like it here tho =)
Clark Atlanta is not Downtown Atlanta. Don't let no one tell you different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: