Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,584 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are moving from Peachtree City and are looking for something on the north side of Atlanta. I know that the traffic is bad, it's expensive etc... but there are no jobs anywhere in PTC or surrounding areas. Plus we are not really into PTC. We just moved here from Denver and don't really know the area yet. We are looking to rent a house or townhome. We do not want an apartment because I work midnights and sleeping during the day is hard when the people above you are banging on their floor. We can afford up to 900/month plus utilities and have a dog and cat. We found a nice place in 30008 on Killarney Drive and one in 30066 on Lakestone Way. Are these areas relatively decent and safe? It would be nice if there were restaraunts and some cool bars nearby as well as the usual Target, grocery store etc... If the areas above are not so great, can you give me some specific zip codes or neighborhoods to start looking in?
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 05:59 AM

37 posts, read 102,817 times
I just did a quick search in 30008. This area is mostly South Cobb and parts of city of Marietta. For that rent, you're going to find mostly older homes (3 bedrooms, ranches, not in subdivisions). I don't think you'll be walking distance to much but that is the case with most of Atlanta. Marietta Square isn't far and that has restaurants, bars and some nice shops.

30066 is the northern part of E Cobb. This is going to be a bit farther out than the other location. It will be more suburban and quieter. You'll definitely have to drive to get to restaurants, bars, etc although not far. Your housing options here are also limited because it is a more expensive area.

I did not see either of the rentals you mentioned but maybe they are not listed with a broker.

You may want to check out 30060 and 30064 zips. All of these areas are decent but you should drive around and check them out for yourself.

I hope this helps.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:08 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
I would find out the schools that these houses feed into. The schools for 30066 are vastly superior to those in 30008. The health of the local schools is a great barometer, even if you don't have school aged kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta