Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:50 AM

9 posts, read 47,232 times

Advertisements

Go West. There is so much new going on there and it has a feeling like no other place in Atlanta. In my opinion Midtown is a bit of a disappointment. It is not nearly as walker friendly as it is made out to be.

A few places places I love on the Westside
1. West Egg
2. JCT Kitchen
3. Taquaria Del Sol
4. Star Provison
5. Octane Coffee shop
6. Gear Revival
7. Room and Board- Opening Soon!
8. Six Feet Under
9. Chow Baby
10 Nuevo Laredo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 06:20 AM

2 posts, read 2,743 times
IntownKTown--what did you decide to do? I'm considering buying a place at White Provisions. I'm curious to hear what you decided and how it turned out!

Old 02-17-2010, 07:17 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,048,359 times
Everyone has their own opinion but Midtown is very walkable, probably one of the most walkable areas in the metro. From the tree lined, wide sidewalks of peachtree to other streets they are all easy to walk and Piedmont is a walkers dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLChi View Post
Go West. There is so much new going on there and it has a feeling like no other place in Atlanta. In my opinion Midtown is a bit of a disappointment. It is not nearly as walker friendly as it is made out to be.

A few places places I love on the Westside
1. West Egg
2. JCT Kitchen
3. Taquaria Del Sol
4. Star Provison
5. Octane Coffee shop
6. Gear Revival
7. Room and Board- Opening Soon!
8. Six Feet Under
9. Chow Baby
10 Nuevo Laredo

Old 02-17-2010, 08:24 PM

906 posts, read 1,746,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenlala View Post
IntownKTown--what did you decide to do? I'm considering buying a place at White Provisions. I'm curious to hear what you decided and how it turned out!
I too have been looking extremely hard at White Provision. PM me if you want to have a longer discussion about where I'm at with them right now. I really, really love this area and the complex.

I'd also be curious to hear what others on this forum think about the condos, the development, and that area of West Midtown more generally. It seems extremely promising, but it's just so hard to know for sure.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:29 PM

906 posts, read 1,746,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl-gal View Post
There are also discussions about turning the water retention pond areas right on Howell Mill into city parks. My vote is for White Provisions. You can't beat the tax concessions.
The tax abatement is stellar, no doubt.

I keep hearing talk of the Waterworks becoming a park at some point, but does anyone know how far along those plans are? Or is it all just talk? It seems like it's sort of tied into the Beltine project, but it's hard to find any hard data about its progress up to this point.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,384 times
K-Sawdude/Laurenlala
Did either one of you buy in WP? I am seriously thinking about it. Location is a plus.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: