Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 10:48 AM

9 posts, read 32,337 times

Advertisements

We're moving to the Atlanta area this summer from a suburb of NYC. Can anyone tell me about the White Columns Country Club?

Is it kid friendly?
Are the neighbors mostly transplants?
Are the neighbors friendly or is there a great snob factor?
How is the resale of the homes?
Is Milton High School as impressive as it looks?
Will African American children feel welcome?

We are also considering the Pope High School District in East Cobb. Any "inside" info on East Cobb or a comparison of the two school districts would be wonderful! There's just so much to consider!

Any insight will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 02:17 PM

63 posts, read 212,719 times
White Columns is a large neighborhood and you will surely have a mix of kids, transplants and couples who have older kids in high school and/or college. I have helped Clients move there, and have friends that live there as well and I have heard a lot of positive comments. There are currently 32 homes for sale in there right now, and a 90 day averae days on market, and in the last year 17 homes have sold.

We have a son that is a Junior at Milton (I myself am a graduate of the "Old" Milton) and I am very impressed with the school. That being said Pope (and Walton) are both very good schools in the East Cobb area and are highly sought after as well. A great link to also check out the schools is www.schooldigger.com.

There is another new High School being built in Milton and depending on where you live you might get pulled to the new school, the districts aren't finalized yet (we just had a round of redistricting for the Elementary schools) so you may want to take that inconsideration before you buy.

In my own opinion I love living where we do, I am originally from Syracuse, NY and have lived in the Alpharetta/Roswell area since 1982. The "feel" of the area is different from East Cobb, Milton is more country with some city thrown in. I hope this has helped somewhat - Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta